Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for November 2011. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com
    NJ fishing reports for November 2011...www.stripersandanglers.com
    Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

Mike O,
    you won the plug in the October random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Fished 1 1/2 hrs last night before dawn, shortest trip in a long time.
    Water temps in the back dropped like a rock, I knew that but with the N NE winds that built up I had to give it a shot. I knew within 5 minutes it wouldn't be productive, gave it hell anyway. Bottle plug in the rough water and rubber on the bottom.

hey dark dont feel bad we got skunked last nite and we were using clams! fish always bite when you throw em the snot. not last nite

Red face

Fished OC with the OGB last night.
    It was tough to find a places where the surf was fishable, big swells everywhere. If not for the tide being as high as it was we would have had no water.

Despite the handicaps, we managed a very slow pick of fish, 2 bass, 1 about 10. The other about 13#. All on plugs, as the water was rough. A few other hits and misses.

I kind of ruined the flow for Fin when I put a hook in and out of my palm. The fish lay on the beach and I didn't leader it as usual but grabbed it closer to the hook. Thank God Fin had dykes with him.. The hook went clean through and we were able to crush the barb, cut it, and back it out.

More than embarassing because it's the first time I ever put a hook in my flesh, clean through.

I know better...and that's the most embarassing part of all...
    I know he won't let me live the stupidity down, so I might as well come clean and fess up....

From now on I'll be crushing all my barbs, and will strongly be preaching that to you folks out there......

We missed out on valuable fishin time by dealing with that hook in palm. I know he would have had some bigger fish, but the opportunity had passed.......

Much gratitude to the Old Grouchy Basstard for being there....
    I might have been in a little trouble without his quick thinking.....

Theres a bad mudline out front. Surf was pounding all night, got a few river fish last night, fish are around could be good if ever get off this NE and get clean water. seems like the seaside shops declared charge because a few fish were caught, many guys out not much catching

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Tseems like the seaside shops declared charge because a few fish were caught, many guys out not much catching
    That's what I saw last night in somoco, a whole lot of nothing! All the hype, a few tiny fish. Nothing for me not a tap. Threw the bag, the surf was evil.

Fished oc this afternoon, end of the outgoing, one bass 29" on metal.

Fished moco this evening, big waves crushing the surf. I could only fish from a jetty
    Tried a lot of lures, the old and simple worked, bucktail
    Got one keeper looking bass, unfortunately stuck between two rocks, snapped the line
    First thing I saw when I walked onto the beach is a decent bass swam thru the big wave, it was awesome site.

Fished somoco this morning from 5 to 8am. I think it was the last of the outgoing. Clams on one rod, ava jig on the other, and nothing. The waves were pretty big and there was a lot of white foamy water.

Congrats to those getting out there and giving it a shot.
    Conditions are tough...
    the fish are few and far between (despite what the tackle shops tell ya)
    and there are a lot of small fish in the mix, when there is any type of mix....

I was talking to someone this morning, we compared NJ surf fishin in the fall 2011 to being in the beginning of a very dark tunnel.....you think you see light at the end, but are not sure, and wonder if that light you think you see isn't someone playing a cruel joke on you.....

Fished the surf with the OGB last night in OC. Another S&A sitemember wandered by and we all gave it hell for 2 1/2 hrs.

Despite our best efforts, not even a tap.
    The water temps have dropped significantly in the past 2 weeks.

With the limited numbers of bass now available to surf anglers, a better strategy might be to fish dawn (1 1/2 hour bite usually around this time) and late afternoons when the water has heated up a degree or 2....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I was talking to someone this morning, we compared NJ surf fishin in the fall 2011 to being in the beginning of a very dark tunnel.....you think you see light at the end, but are not sure, and wonder if that light you think you see isn't someone playing a cruel joke on you.........
    Wow, that was pretty profound dark. I have felt that way for the last 2 months, worst fall ever for me.
    Fished in ocean county this morning, smelled the foul smell of the skunk, using metal.

Fished this morning out front from 4:15 to 9:30.
    Big time skunkaroo. First time in a long time where I did not even get a hit.
    Great weather, nice sunrise and a white water extravaganza.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

great pics of the water and sunrise now we just need some fish i got one buddy just called me and he is done till spring he told me is not worth his time to spend money and get no bass i dont blame him at all the little small bass are all over up in the rivers and he just is so done with them for all the people who say nothings wrong with the bass they are nuts from what i see in the last three years the size has gone down and i am not the only one who see this so come on guys lets stop bsing we have to be carefull there are bass around just not the size we want and not in the numbers that should be there

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    for all the people who say nothings wrong with the bass they are nuts from what i see in the last three years the size has gone down and i am not the only one who see this so come on guys lets stop bsing we have to be carefull there are bass around just not the size we want and not in the numbers that should be there
    I agree gjb, I have not been fishing as long as some of you here but this year it's like where are the fish? They are always at the hook because of those rips they have and this year they are not even there!
    Monty great pics and report, that sunrise and white water looks super awesome!

Great shots Monty. Catching a fish is always a bonus. Theres a lot to be said for being out there at sunrise though, when the colors first start to change, the awesome power of nature, Now if Nature would only send a few stripers down the pike for us surf guys, that would be all the better.

What he^^^said

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished this morning from 4:15 to 11:00 bay side.
    Was ridiculously close to the skunk.
    Was throwing a Superstrike green popper (like the one I hooked my pinky with) in shallow, turbulent water.
    Was time for final cast, so said that to myself 10 or 11 times, then the water explodes and a strong ~30 inch bass was on.
    Released it, made a few more casts and called it a day.
    Another nice sunrise and then was happy to have some clouds for awhile. But except for the one Bass I didn't even have a hit, but that one bass felt great after the two previous skunkings.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

good to see u got a bass u keep the ones like me hopeful i will get a bass on my line

One fish in the last 2 nights, my vacation fishing week bombed with epic proportion. A week of Pounding brown water and counting, I should have walleye fishing all week!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast