Thread: Survival tips for fishing Island Beach....

Default Survival tips for fishing Island Beach....

Since guys are now driving there from 4 surrounding states....and it's no longer a secret that there are fish in the water there.... the circus-like atmosphere that's been described to me in the phone calls is so entertaining it's priceless....

Too insane for some, I completely understand that....
    but I thought we might have some fun with the insanity there....
    so if you got stories, or survival tips....let's hear em....

total insanity especially with the new breed of as_hole so called bass fisherman who are clueless and have no respect or manners toward there fellow fisherman.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^ Tell me about it finchaser, I got mugged by 10 guys today who weren't catching. Crazy, time to bring the tazer next time!

If you are used to fishing the blitzes at Montauk, you will do just fine. Don't let guys take advantage of you, and open your mouth when they try to mug or steal where you are standing. If that fails, I usually move to another area. To me it's not worth the argument. The observation I made today is that I thought LI surf guys could be rude, but I think NJ surf guys can be just as rude and inconsiderate.

From what I am hearing I se it a few ways;
    There is the complete @sshole that doesn't care what it takes to catch fish, zero consideration for others, rude and clue less (there are also a few who have a clue in this bunch (but are just plain @ssholes).
    Then there are others who are considerate who don't mind dealing with all this crap and the @ssholes to get in on the action, they make the best of it.
    And then there are others who want nothing of this crap, who just like getting out and enjoying the fishing experience without a crowd.
    I get to fish 1x a week and would never fish in a crowd anywhere near that size, I want to have fun, catching a skunk is more fun than that type of fishing for me.
    But to each there own.
    My only "complaint" is that the regulations have not been changed to 1 bass at 36 inches, should have been done before this spring.
    Between the bunker slaughter this past year and this slaughter of bass on sand eels, New Jersey has put a hurting on our beloved Striper this year.
    JMHO
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    From what I am hearing I se it a few ways;
    There is the complete @sshole that doesn't care what it takes to catch fish, zero consideration for others, rude and clue less (there are also a few who have a clue in this bunch (but are just plain @ssholes).
    Then there are others who are considerate who don't mind dealing with all this crap and the @ssholes to get in on the action, they make the best of it.
    And then there are others who want nothing of this crap, who just like getting out and enjoying the fishing experience without a crowd.
    There are all of the above types in the park Monty, you are spot-on on that. The best thing to do is try to fish off peak periods (not on weekends) and you will tend to find more of the respectful surfcasters in your stretch of water.

survival tips, bring full combat gear.

^ Especially if the beach looks like this! (found on facebook)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nj insanity.jpg  

You Jersey googs crack me up. I look at that picture and all I see is increased wader sales from the hook punctures. Are you guys trying to be the new montauk or something?

^ Countdown to point pleasant, ready, get set, go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails running to the tuna blitz!.jpg  

Hookset:
    Start your engines, the fish are getting away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blitz suits n ties.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	14402

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blitz chaos run run.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	14401

It's not that much better on the water fellas. I think they should make all capts re-take the boat safety course every year, all captains, not just 6-pack capts.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    ^ Especially if the beach looks like this! (found on facebook)
    That picture is ridicules.
    If you were there and you had fun, great.
    To me that doesn't fit my definition of "fishing".
    Great picture.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

That doesn't fit my definition of fishing either Monty. How could anyone find that enjoyable? I didn't catch yesterday, but at least I didn't have to smell what anti-perspirant the guy next to me was using.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    I didn't catch yesterday, but at least I didn't have to smell what anti-perspirant the guy next to me was using.
    True dat, hookset! Fishing isn't always about catching, if the experience is like being at a crowded concert in a mosh pit, it takes away from it big time.