Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Same for me sharkhart. I fished SH today from 2-4:30 near the top of the incoming. Clams were all over the beach, birds were 500 feet from the surf. The winds were bad and I had to use an ava 47 to get even a little distance out there. with all those clams out there fish should have been all over that snot buffet. Not one touch on the ava (with a green tail, btw, just like betty and nicks was touting)

Fished somoco this am with 75 of my closest friends. You would have sworn there was a gold bullion bar for the first bass caught there were so many guys out. Heavy needles and metal, no action what so ever. None of the other guys on the beach hooked up either.

now thats why i could care less what some of the shops say its the same ol bs each fall the fish are biteing so u go and guess what sucker no fish so i say just go fish!!! and dont wait for them to say the fish are there we all have a mind use it!!!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! If you have ever thought about what it would be like if someone thought you died, put you in a refrigerated box in the morgue, and you suddenly woke up screaming, only it wasn't a nightmare, it was really you in that box...well that kinda describes the fishin last night.....

Winds NE steady at 25mph, gusts to 40, extremely difficult to cast and get it where I wanted, only happy with 1 out of every 5 casts. I stuck it out for a long time because I did find fish. However, it was an extrreeeeemely slow pick.

3 bass to 29", one on a bottle plug, 2 on rubber....
    Fished 1 1/2 tides to get those fish.

Did I mention how frikkin cold it was out there?
    Air temps when I finished up were 37 degrees. Take 10 degrees away from that with the wind chill, do the math. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Areas I fished were like a ghost town, all the space ya wanted...

late report...

fished OC thursday - the early am tide thru dusk (w/a few breaks in between). Ocean was a bit angry when I first got there, calmed down a little at dawn, then the winds came blasting out of the south and the waves looked like hawaii 5-0. Skunkaroo. But there was some great moments:
    1. the sunrise and the great weather.
    2. the guy who found my plug bag that i left in the parking lot at 4:30am (couldn't thank him enough).
    3. filling up my gas tank for 25 cents less a gallon than at home
    4. the fine Onyx maduro cigar that i smoked Thurs afternoon.
    5. Alot of friendly conversation w/ guys on the beach that I ran into (I think I could of made some good friends if I was able to stay a little longer). Lot of guys expressed frustration at the quality of the fishery over the last couple of years. I was just happy to be at the shore, though.

All in all a great day away from work. Want to get down again at least one more time...probably around thanksgiving..

Fished the park this afternoon. The surf is still large. Managed 4 short bass on a diamond jig.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    3 bass to 29", one on a bottle plug, 2 on rubber....
    Fished 1 1/2 tides to get those fish.

Did I mention how frikkin cold it was out there?
    Dark, 9 hours for 3 fish?
    There is a spot on my boat if you ever want to go out, just let me know. Of course, you would need to wash up with some good soap first!

We worked the sandy hook channel with eels on the outgoing this morning, 3 stripers to 19lbs.

Fished somoco 7-10am, nothing but brown water. Disgusting.

Out front. Bucktails/metal. 5am-10am. Nothing doing, just a walk.

Fished oc from 2-5 just got done, snot was the ticket, needed 6oz, could barely hold, the snot rolling around was probably a good idea although not what I intended. 2 bass 29" and 32". Guys next to me plugging got nothing.

Nice catch fishingmission! I fished a Cape May beach all afternoon with clams and only got one nasty skate. Please send some of those stripers down here!

we need them up here first surfdude lol we fished rb last nite and got 10 stripes they were real small and they were hitting clams and worms. we need some bigger ones its like the big ones r here one night and the next nite they took off

Quote Originally Posted by albanyguy1 View Post
    late report...

fished OC thursday - the early am tide thru dusk (w/a few breaks in between). Ocean was a bit angry when I first got there, calmed down a little at dawn, then the winds came blasting out of the south and the waves looked like hawaii 5-0. Skunkaroo. But there was some great moments:
    1. the sunrise and the great weather.
    2. the guy who found my plug bag that i left in the parking lot at 4:30am (couldn't thank him enough).
    3. filling up my gas tank for 25 cents less a gallon than at home
    4. the fine Onyx maduro cigar that i smoked Thurs afternoon.
    5. Alot of friendly conversation w/ guys on the beach that I ran into (I think I could of made some good friends if I was able to stay a little longer). Lot of guys expressed frustration at the quality of the fishery over the last couple of years. I was just happy to be at the shore, though.

All in all a great day away from work. Want to get down again at least one more time...probably around thanksgiving..

hey dude at least u got out there we have bin fishin the bay cuz the ocean is like the perfect storm but any day on the water is a good one, tite lines dude!

Got out today for the begining of the outgoing this afternoon. Seen alot of bait, and shad working them, it looked like rainfish. I did get a Hickory, and a huge skate. The skate was hooked in the mouth, I was using a 6 inch sluggo, and a teaser. Will be out in the morning. Lots of boats working in close.

Fished oc last night, big surf, used needlefish, got one stargazer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! If you have ever thought about what it would be like if someone thought you died, put you in a refrigerated box in the morgue, and you suddenly woke up screaming, only it wasn't a nightmare, it was really you in that box...well that kinda describes the fishin last night.....
    Good imagination, no thanks dark!

Fished So occo this morning, one short bass on an ava with green tube.

Went to fish @ SH Sat. morning. The wind was so stiff it nearly ripped out my mustache! Went back later for dusk. I saw a lot of people fishing and the weather was real nice, but not a fish on the beach. Maybe that new plug will be my ticket to success. I think I'm gonna try real hard to stop farting in my waders. You think that might be the problem?

Mike O

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    I think I'm gonna try real hard to stop farting in my waders. You think that might be the problem?

Mike O

I think you should try to stop that, you might confuse darkskies as he stalks around in the night looking to find fish by smelling their farts. And jmo, farting in your waders when alone is not good. Far better to have your wife with you in the car when your doing it, otherwise all that good gas goes to waste.

willie, X2! And it's probably true, if a guy sleeps in a car all weekend and has waders that stand up on their own you know he probably seeks out fish farts because they make him feel at home. As for farting in the car with the wife, yep I am guilty of that, but she can always open the window, try the dutch over where you do it under the covers. I bring home the bacon so she has to put up with it, aah the sweet smell of success.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast