Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Fished moco this morning, one short bass on an ava. The surf is calming down a tad, it's definitely fishable.

OC, waded out low tide, 8 runts on t hex and teaser. 6 on the teaser.

Congrats guys, I fished the north end of brigantine today, metal, skunko.

Fished the park today, 4 bass to 15lbs, kept the largest. All bass were on clams. As storming steve said, the surf is cleaning up nicely.

Wow good job guys I fished nomoco today using metal and teasers. Could not even get a bump from one fish. Looks like ocean county is the place to be right now.

i just got a call not to long ago the bass are here but its a boat thing the bass were not close to the beach but i was told it was good fishing pool fish was 28 lbs

Default It's a boat thing fellas!

gjb thanks for letting the surf rats here know that they should get their a*ses out on a boat asap. The bass were out in full numbers today and we crushed them. 22 bass to 19lbs, almost all of them being 28" and above. North of BI. I was a little worried as there weren't many smaller fish. All on the jigbite, a47 with green tails. 2 of us kept one fish each. It was a great day, and home in time for football.
    Dark, you only have to say the word, I usually have an extra spot, and you are more than welcome to come out. A lot better than 9 hours for 3 fish, as long as you are willing to help clean the boat when we're done. And I will tell anyone aboard about your stinking waders. If you can roll with that, you're in, welcome aboard. Let me know. I don't know how long this bite will last.

Boat fish don't count.

Dude, are you for real? Of course they count. And they count as every last morsel of the fish we took home goes in my fat belly. Yumm yumm eat em up! Mmmmmmm.

at this point who cares boat or beach most guys are not getting many keeped bass so u do what u have to !!! and the thing is i was invited to go but i could not get there oh well next time

Wow bababooey you slayed them awesome! A boat trip may be in my near future. At the very least I may move my surf fishing from moco to the Island Beach area. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i just got a call not to long ago the bass are here but its a boat thing the bass were not close to the beach but i was told it was good fishing pool fish was 28 lbs
    gjb was that boat the golden eagle? Here is a report the guy just posted on the internet.

Jason and I hopped aboard the Golden Eagle for a day of jigging. Broke Shark River Inlet and made the steam south until we were well inside Island Beach State Park and joined the fleet that were working scattered patches of bird I started with a plain A47 and Jason with a green tailed A47. Nothing on the first drop and a short wiggle and Jason was soon putting a fat 33" bass on the deck. I soon followed with a big bluefish. We then both hooked up again at the sametime with bluefish. My next fish was a 35" bass. Jason's next fish gave him a limit of bass with a 31" that he released. I caught one more bluefish and lost another before the bite turned off as we came upon slack tide. Once the tide started moving again the bite came back strong. Well strong for most but me as it seemed they didn't want my plain jig. Those with red or green tails were into fish. I eventually changed to a red A47 and promptly missed 3 fish. I then put on a green and was able to catch 3 more big bluefish. Jason on the other hand was doing a number on bass catching another 5 up to #23 which he kept (others being released). There was some controversy over the pool. Jason's fish had a fatter belly and was slightly longer but on the balance scale it appeared that the other fish just narrowly beat him out (Note, I didn't witness the pool weight as I was getting the car but trust Jason's word). Jason asked to have the fish placed on the scale again but to put each fish on the opposite side of the scale that they were initially weighed on. The other person & his family started making noise about it wouldn't make a difference & refused. Jason however still walked off the boat a bigger man and with a healthy dose of good karma by his act of unselfishness and his passion to pass on the sport-Towards the end of the day there was a 8 year old would had not caught a fish, Jason hooked up and without and prompting from a soul he yelled for the young man to come over and Jason passed off his rod to this young boy and helped/coached him as he fought and eventually landed a nice 32" bass. This young man's face lit up brighter than the sun the whole time.
    End of the day I totals; Jason had 8 fish (7 bass & 1 blue) while I had 7 fish (2 bass & 5 blues). Everyone went home with at least 1 bass (90% of the people limited) and well over 100 bluefish were caught.

Quote Originally Posted by skinner View Post
    gjb was that boat the golden eagle? Here is a report the guy just posted on the internet.

Jason Jason asked to have the fish placed on the scale again but to put each fish on the opposite side of the scale that they were initially weighed on. The other person & his family started making noise about it wouldn't make a difference & refused. Jason however still walked off the boat a bigger man and with a healthy dose of good karma by his act of unselfishness and his passion to pass on the sport-Towards the end of the day there was a 8 year old would had not caught a fish, Jason hooked up and without and prompting from a soul he yelled for the young man to come over and Jason passed off his rod to this young boy and helped/coached him as he fought and eventually landed a nice 32" bass. This young man's face lit up brighter than the sun the whole time.
    End of the day I totals; Jason had 8 fish (7 bass & 1 blue) while I had 7 fish (2 bass & 5 blues). Everyone went home with at least 1 bass (90% of the people limited) and well over 100 bluefish were caught.

Sounds like someone had an extra sinker in a fish and didn't want to be found out. Just sayin.
    Congrats to that guy Jason for helping that 8 year old a fish. Hope that comes back to him a hundred fold.

yup

Fished Sunday morning, Bay side from 1:00 to 9:00.
    Another skunk, fished most of the time with a friend who also ended up with the skunk.
    Did not see any bait. Did see an enormous amount of boats headed out.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Did see an enormous amount of boats headed out.
    Me too, Monty. With the hype over the inshore bass boat bite lately, the amount of boats in the daily armada going out there is probably equal to the numbers you see at the NY Boat show in the winter in NYC...

I started seeing them today, a steady stream. Boat fuel prices must really be dropping.....
    Hey at least you got out, congrats to all the guys who are putting in effort now...

Bababooey, thanks for your offer, I can go on a boat anytime, I'll keep it in mind....the thing about surfcasting...we have to suffer for our fish, it's written in the Official King Neptune Surfcasting Manual.....

"Ye must suffer for every fish that thou catches from the surf"

It's more fun that way, really it is...just ask Monty...

Fished last night, place where some bigger fish have been caught, all dead water for 4 hours. Gave it up, slept a bit....back this afternoon to try to get in on the PM bite....the best way to do that would have been to get out on the bar....but the tide was coming in quick....I tried anyway, got a little wet.....fished with a S&A site member who had got some good numbers this morning....but we got blanked this afternoon. Metal has been the ticket for these surf bass.

Birds were on bait and fish anywhere from 250-500' out for several hours. The chief complaint of a lot of guys was that the fish were just out of reach.... and they were, except for the guys on the bar or those who could cast 250' each time....Even so, be aware that most of these fish are tiny schoolies....22" being the norm...with a few larger ones thrown in here and there...

Hey, that's fishin....

Finally got into some decent action sat and sunday night. Got about a dozen fish and lost half as many all sizes 22-33". Zooms on incomming was best. I found some fish in SNJ sat night popping nearly dead against the sods in 2 feet of water, where we usually wade in, i alerted my friends who were working the spot the following night, my friend only got one fish there but it was a massive 29lbs back bay fish, was just hanging out in the shallows. Monday I had a pick of Bass boat fishing, but a heavy concentration of bait and fish Ortley to LBI, cmon NW wind brong those Sand Eels in

no this is Not a vision

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    my friend only got one fish there but it was a massive 29lbs back bay fish, was just hanging out in the shallows.
    Nice!
    Fished oc after work yesterday, 5 shorties on ava 27 before dark, you had to get past the bar.

Got 4 this am (6 to 7:30) 26 to 32 inches all on metal at the end of a long cast unfortunately it's time for more shi_ winds many pray for no more west north west till Friday. People who left teasers on caught nothing as they couldn't reach the fish.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    . People who left teasers on caught nothing as they couldn't reach the fish.
    Right on.There was a discussion on another site about people who don't use teasers, not catching as many fish. But if you can't reach the fish to catch them, a teaser don't do you much good, does it?
    We fished the back last night with clams and worms. Still some fish around, but the fishing is hit and miss. 3 bass, only one was 28". 3 hours into the incoming tide.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast