Thread: Anyplace BUT Island Beach....Contest....

Hybrid View

Default Tell us about your fish, at anyplace other than Island Beach....

I don't care where ya got em...
    I don't care what county you were in....
    I don't care about how big they were...
    (If ya wanna add that, fine, but not necessary, I already know most of the other places where fish are being caught, an admittedly slow pick, but there are still fish out there, other than at Island Beach...

Even if ya went someplace, and got rats that were 16", that's worthy of this thread...
    because it shows me, and others, that there are some folks out there who....

don't run with the herd of lemmings...
    may be sick of the muggings, disrespect, discourtesy, and general Viking-like attitude that happens when the bite is hottest...

and are so sick of it that they are actively seeking "anything other than Island Beach" fishing situations......

The folks I'm targeting this thread towards....
    are the folks I'm meeting every day now....
    who realize that although the fishing has been incredible....all good things must eventually come to an end....

These are the folks who go fishing for the sake of fishing...
    who love being out there....the fresh air, the aspect of being in the midst of nature, and enjoying the goodness that God gave us, without it being a race to beat every other guy to the pot of gold.....

I did it today and yesterday.....today I was in the center of the hottest action...the pot of gold...yesterday I missed it by a mile, and sucked wind all day chasing after fish...

And please understand one thing here, as much as I'm griping here, I may be back there soon....but definitely not on a weekend....the discourtesy today was too much for a night guy who relishes my alone time, out on the jetties, or points, with maybe a few others....

It just ain't nacheral to have all those guys squeezed to tight together.....I moved 10 feet to the side of where I was to have a brief conversation with 2 idiots who looked like models from the Orvis catalog..and within 1 1/2 minutes a guy was so close to me I though he had some sort of unnatural interest in my backside....

So many stories...so little time....

In the past 2 weeks, there have been limited spurts of activity, few hours here and there, fish as big as 25#, and as small as 14" , caught by guys who are out there, just for the sake of being out in the surf......those are the guys (and gals) I'm saluting here....

And those are the stories I want to hear....

Feel free to disclose as little or as much info as you are comfortable with...
    I really don't care where......I'm happy, as others are, to hear that they are out in other nooks and crannies.....

We'll make this a multi-year thread....if a post is entertaining or funny enough, once a year I might pick the "best of" and throw a plug or 2 at that person...
    but most of the guys who will be reporting in this thread...probably don't care about the plug as an incentive anyway....they fish,...just to fish....and to get away from the crowds....not to run towards them......

Thanks for reading....and good luck....

Well i was into a good bite last night in the Bay around Atlantic City with fish formerly known as slots, I was alone and had 11 fish and I could have moved 5 miles to spot B there for a few more. They were violently striking zooms worked slow and were nice fighters. With over 2 hours of beautiful darkness left i decided to nap for an hour or so and head up the parkway for the allure of bigger fish in the park, I forgot Friday is the new Saturday and I missed the now confined bite by a 1/4 mile or so and due to the crowds its hard to make moves without squeezing in on someone. So i did the classic move and left fish to find fish

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I don't care where ya got em...
    I don't care what county you were in....
    I don't care about how big they were...
    (If ya wanna add that, fine, but not necessary, I already know most of the other places where fish are being caught, an admittedly slow pick, but there are still fish out there, other than at Island Beach...

Even if ya went someplace, and got rats that were 16", that's worthy of this thread...
    because it shows me, and others, that there are some folks out there who....

don't run with the herd of lemmings...
    may be sick of the muggings, disrespect, discourtesy, and general Viking-like attitude that happens when the bite is hottest...

and are so sick of it that they are actively seeking "anything other than Island Beach" fishing situations......

These are the folks who go fishing for the sake of fishing...
    who love being out there....the fresh air, the aspect of being in the midst of nature, and enjoying the goodness that God gave us, without it being a race to beat every other guy to the pot of gold.....

So many stories...so little time....
    Feel free to disclose as little or as much info as you are comfortable with...
    I really don't care where......I'm happy, as others are, to hear that they are out in other nooks and crannies.....

We'll make this a multi-year thread....if a post is entertaining or funny enough, once a year I might pick the "best of" and throw a plug or 2 at that person...
    Thanks for reading....and good luck....

Time to resurrect this thread.....
    Will Island Beach be the only place that folks think of, for the next 2 weeks?
    Will there be fish in any other nooks and crannies?

Let's hear some stories, of fish in places other than Island Beach....

Dead today NE shut it down guys that caught 15 to 20 fish yesterday on beach got blanked this AM
    35 minute wait to get into park
    Commando fishing 3 deep

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I read on the assbarn LBI guy said just need a good NE blow to blow the fish into the beach. All the action across the inlet was a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Dead today NE shut it down guys that caught 15 to 20 fish yesterday on beach got blanked this AM
    Commando fishing 3 deep
    I would rather fish some deserted beach for 8 hours and just catch another sneaker.
    I guess some people enjoy that, its definitely not for me.

But its great for the local B&T shops. They likely needed this.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Greatest thread ever

I am heading out in about an hour to fish 50 miles north of IBSP give or take 20 miles.

Commando fishing 3 deep
    It was terrible this morning finchaser. I got in at 4am and it was not that bad yet. On my way out I saw that line. Although there are some nice fish around I will probably not be fishing there on the weekend. It is too crowded at my age to put up with that. One nice thing about today is a lot of folks were releasing their fish.

Commando fishing 3 deep
    They should start running bus tours. Heard today was an absolute zoo. Does anyone browse the facebook reports? This was from yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov 19 2013 island beach.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	17738

Oh its on big time. Bus tours would have guys stuffed out the windows. New business opportunity fishermen bus trips to island beach lol.

Name:	goog bus to island beach.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	17739

I'd be somewhere else for sure I don't have the patience for that crap anymore...... Hence the nickname COB....
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    They should start running bus tours. Heard today was an absolute zoo.
    What's a little tight quarters between you and 1000 of your closest friends?

Name:	ibsp.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	17746

^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    dilly city

A place where dillydocks assemble..

Thanks jigfreak

check out this song I just composed. Axl Rose can now retire lol.

"Dilly City"

[Chorus: x2]
    Take me down
    To the dilly city
    Where the waves are big
    And the sandeels are pretty
    Take me home

Just a' dilly
    chasing internet reports so silly
    I'm a hard case
    that's tough to beat
    I'm your charity case

So buy me somethin' quick
    pork roll egg and cheese at Betty and Nicks!

Bass all over or so they say
    You gotta-keep muggin'
    for the fortune and fame

It's all a gamble
    When its on at at Seaside

Name:	blitz .jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	17750

You treat it like a secret
    Everybody's running cause its on!
    [Chorus:]

Strapped in the ORV
    Empty french fry wrappers

Why I'm here I can't quite remember
    Oh yes Betty and Nicks said its on!

The surf club dudes are pushing and rude.
    it's hard to move

I'd have another cigarette
    but I got to keep casting over the bar!

[Chorus]

So far away
    on the Parkway
    So far away
    will it be on today?

Island beach has been torn apart
    Toilets are filled, no room to fart

Turn me around and
    take me back to Sandy Hook

I must be losin' my mind-
    "Are you blind?"
    I've seen it all a million times

Paradise city changed to fit Island beach. Awesome talent steve!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Why I'm here I can't quite remember
    Oh yes Betty and Nicks said its on!

The surf club dudes are pushing and rude.
    it's hard to move

I'd have another cigarette
    but I got to keep casting over the bar!

[Chorus]

So far away
    on the Parkway
    So far away
    will it be on today?

Island beach has been torn apart
    Toilets are filled, no room to fart
    toilets are filled no room to fart. Gross lyrics steve! Can you imagine how full those toilets must get with 1000 visitors a day?