Thread: how hard would you fight for a fish you caught?

Default how hard would you fight for a fish you caught?

Would you let this critter take it or get in a bar-room brawl?

fishing on lake ponchartrain

I would hit it on the head with a rock and make some croc skin boots, always wanted a pair.

I have been in that situation. I did the opposite of what these people did I ran and the Alligator chased me, but it was the bass that was bouncing on the ground still connected to my line that the alligator wanted.

I once snagged a small alligator while fishing for LM bass in the everglades.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4100031.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	14521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4100028.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	14522

I lived in florida for 2 years and fished the everglades alot. It can be a scary place.

I have also been scared out of the water while bone fishing the keys by a shark. some times your the pray.

Holy Moly vpass that's crazy! That alligator came that close to you, at night? If that happened to me I would run like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Holy Moly vpass that's crazy! That alligator came that close to you, at night? If that happened to me I would run like a girl!
    That was the alligator that I hooked by accident using a carolina rig while bass fishing. The alligator that chased me actually came out of the water and took a few steps at me.

The 'glades can be scary, especially toward dark. Saw a couple of ten footers basking in the sun on the way out that were way more active as the sunset. Had a snake make a turn at my canoe....I was a little concerned when I saw that he had three feet of himself out of the water so I figured, what another nine feet or so in the water. Scared this Yankee clean back to NY.