Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Fishing Thread.....

Fished northern ocean county this morning. The bass were chasing herriing, I managed 6 on large bombers and small poppers. The surf was building from the south but it was fishable. The largest was 19pounds. All released.

Very nice way to go^^^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Awsome report Dark.

Dark Turned me on to the SP Minnow and he gave me his new never used SP Minnow and keep his old beatup one. That shows what kind of guy he is. It's a awsome plug. I'm basing my first plug build around it. It amazing that we are still getting into some quality bass. Good Going dark. I'm hoping to get into this action before it's over. Thanks Dark for the Plug.

Not to bust balls but I gave Dark his first Diawa minnow and they are DS minnows there is no such thing as a SP minnow didn't want people to be misled (dam Googans)

Nice efforts guys!
    Jigfreak, glad ya were paying attention to my reports. Very unusual bite this time of year....

More food....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0475.JPG  

Found a window....

Fished this morning last 2 hours of the ebb plus the slack...ended up quitting before 5am as the tide came in and it became unfishable where I was.

It was fishable for that brief window, and the water wasn't that dirty. The wind had died down to about 5-7mph W. Still got the

The OGB told me not to bother, "you'll never catch a fish in this slop, don't waste your time"

Of course I didn't listen. The action has been so good I didn't want to miss it. The crab molt could still have one night of life to it, and that last night was probably last night...Where I was, there could have been that lucky 20#....

Full report in the Winter fishing thread...

Oh, and before he comes on here yelling...., I wore a PFD, and have been wearing one whenever I fish the flood tide now at night....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Found a window....

Fished this morning last 2 hours of the ebb plus the slack...ended up quitting before 5am as the tide came in and it became unfishable where I was.

It was fishable for that brief window, and the water wasn't that dirty. The wind had died down to about 5-7mph W. Still got the

The OGB told me not to bother, "you'll never catch a fish in this slop, don't waste your time"

Of course I didn't listen. The action has been so good I didn't want to miss it. The crab molt could still have one night of life to it, and that last night was probably last night...Where I was, there could have been that lucky 20#....

Full report in the Winter fishing thread...

Oh, and before he comes on here yelling...., I wore a PFD, and have been wearing one whenever I fish the flood tide now at night....
    Googan windows are the calm period between fronts usually before a storm, which boaters take advantage of to run offshore. You are fishing a pattern when fish show or feed on a stage of tide and feed approximately an hour later everyday until something like a storm,water temperature or wind direction changes the feeding pattern. (dam Googans)

I use the Daiwa minnow, it is a great plug!

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    I bet I could identify Rich by his thumb...

(or black socks and white sneakers)

never seen his face

Just for you, Jon....a belated Christmas gift....
    Feel free to use the pic below to identify my facial features....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I have decided to release to the general public, a first-time internet pic of "DarkSkies the infamous Googan!"
    This pic could be very famous in a few years...feel free, you and anyone else who gets to look at it, to copy and past onto your hard drive.....

This is a pic I just took this morning with me and a mid-teen fish I got last night...one of the ones all year that I finally kept instead of C&R....
    All who have an interest, take note of my facial features, and please, by all means, come up to me and start meaningless conversation when ya's see me out there at night.....

Attachment 14535

I'm a friendly guy and like nothing better to engage in conversation for hours at a time, when the bite is hot......

We all know how I put everything else first before fishing, and catching nice fish has no real meaning to me, especially with the limited opporunities we've had this year in NJ....so come on up and say "HI! Are you Darkskies from the Internet?"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp0431 crop.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Yup, this is the final proof. You are officially nutzo (remember the SOL guy by that name? I think you were twins separated at birth. )
    I remember nutzo well. We had a lot of back channel chats. Some guys didn't understand him or were critical that his posts were so inflammatory. What some may have not known is that he was the guy who, when slain Military soldiers came back into the US for burial, he prepared them so they would look good for when the relatives came to pick them up...tough job, it would really get to some of us, so making fun of people and crazy posts was a coping mechanism for Nutzo... gradually he disappeared and we lost touch...hope to run into him again some day, thanks for your service Nutzo.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Awsome report Dark.
    Dark Turned me on to the SP Minnow and he gave me his new never used SP Minnow and keep his old beatup one. That shows what kind of guy he is. It's a awsome plug. I'm basing my first plug build around it. It amazing that we are still getting into some quality bass. Good Going dark. I'm hoping to get into this action before it's over. Thanks Dark for the Plug.
    You're welcome, I know it's gonna bring you some large....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy z View Post
    That's the way to do it my good friend!
    Thanks Jimmy, always good to hear from ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dark, awesome reports, congrats on the great fishing.
    It sure is fun to beat up on Surfstix plugs (my most productive outing this year featured a Surfstix plug mauling).
    LOL on that Home Depot remark, I do need to get some dirt to fill the holes and troughs.....
    Hey Monty, ya know we're just bustin ya cause we love ya!

Quote Originally Posted by mick2360 View Post
    The bucket, Jon. Don't forget the bucket.
    Mick, I searched for a pic of that bucket. the "darkskies googan bucket".. with "effumall club" written on it.,, no luck so far.......I'll try to post it here when I get a chance...thanks for the laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Not to bust balls but I gave Dark his first Diawa minnow and they are DS minnows there is no such thing as a SP minnow didn't want people to be misled (dam Googans)
    Yup, you did, Fin...
    And to take it just a bit further,,,,when I first met ya, I was a Certified Googan!
    Now I'm only a half-azz Googan,,,, I think that's some tremendous progress, no?

As for your comments about the Daiwa, you did give me the Daiwa SM, Ill be forever grateful for that.....
    I think the confusion with the names is some guys are talking about the 6" model, the SP15, while the 5 1/4" model is known as the SM13 .
    More on that in this thread...
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Minnow-and-SP

the 6" casts and swims like s_it

Fished OC, 6-8am, incoming, 3 bass on ava dragged slowly, biggest 30".

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Fished OC, 6-8am, incoming, 3 bass on ava dragged slowly, biggest 30".
    Nice going Fishinmission.

I'm stuck home till sunday morning. That might be my last outing.

Way to go fishing mission. You are hardcore for still sticking it out!

NoMoCo 10-2 silence of the clams

have u guys heard a nice bluefin got pulled in today on the mbp while bass fishing the tuna hit a krock spoon the weight was between 175 180 lbs and 61 inches long i got the call before the pic so i was saying bs till i saw the pic its up on the net now so if u still say bs look for your self and the bass are still here to pic of a 42 lb bass

Wow gjb that is a nice bass! How far off the beach were they when they caught that?
    Got some bass tonight, after dark they started hitting. Metal lipped swimmers and bombers did it for me. 7 basss to 31", released, nomoco. I can't believe how nice out it was. This weather and bait around is mind boggling. I wonder how long it can last?

Quote Originally Posted by toadfish View Post
    NoMoCo 10-2 silence of the clams
    Ha toadfish that was great! Do you have any video skills? Sounds like a great topic for a movie. I fished nomocoo too, the clam guys didn't seem to get anything, I don't know why. But next time bring some bombers and metal lip swimmers with you. I heard the bass were on herring though I didn't see any, Good luck and Happy New Year!

Yeah Toadfish funny stuff, thanks for the report.
    PM me when you're heading out next time, it's still worth the trip....
    Way to get out there and catch em up, guys! I wonder if we know how lucky we actually are to have these quality bass in the last week of December.

With one skunk in the last week, the good fishing continues...
    Worked a 10 mile area of beach last night till 9am today.
    8 stops in all, where I picked up fish at some of them.. and others were dead.

Managed 14 bass to 15#. Worked hard for these fish, as the conditions changed with the tide and the light levels.
    Nonetheless it was a blast!
    That brings the total for the last 7 nights to 40, not bad for the last week of December.
    When else have we had conditions of 50 degrees, feeding fish, and limited night wind on Dec 30? Not in about 5 years or so....

2 biggest fish of the night came on Surfstix's Danny Swimmer, thanks Surfstix!
    Full report in the Winter fishing thread.

well i did the boat thing and it was a bust four bass came over the rails and one blue and that was it i am done till spring

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast