Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Winter Fishing Thread.....

So, any thoughts on a night bite in the winter this year? How about the jetties, anyone seen those crazy orange crabs around? Things on the SS are dead. I may try a few more times near the power plant. Otherwise hanging up my gear for the winter.

I would go hunting the backwaters of rivers and such.
    if you have any estuaries/big marshes you will find fish back there deep.
    gotta have temps warm enough that your braid does not freeze up though.
    rivers with currents one would need to fish the last hour of the flood or ebb,the fish will bite but,I have founf the water temp has to be more than 42f,from that temp and under they stop feeding.
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

good advice, I second that.

I rarely fish the back in the winter because the water temperature is usually 40 or below. it's also illegal to target striped bass behind the colregs demarcation line. This includes the backs of the inlets. People do fish for holdovers, but it's mostly a power plant thing and many of those fish are small babies. I figure leave them alone until the spring and they have time to get bigger. My .02

What a difference beach replenishment makes. The other day it was warm out so I went down to the beach to make a few casts in jetty country. No luck for me. Was a nice afternoon. When I was done had a dog and fries at the windmill. Still a reminder that if the politicians and pallone werent so crooked maybe we could still have the jetties and some stripers around.

How about this?? A fishing place up north named belford posted this doormat fluke. Caught offshore. In winter. Gee it must be great to catch those things all year. Awesome fluke!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails belford 11.7 fluke.jpg  

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233