Thread: Review: Okuma Sentara Surf Combo

Default Review: Okuma Sentara Surf Combo

would love to hear some opinions on this surf combo. also the avenger

IMO it's disposable tackle that's discontinued once a year which makes parts hard to come by. Stuff is OK but not meant to last. I'd go Daiwa, Penn or Shimano. Don't get hung up on the number of bearing BS they preach either as VS and Penn 706 utilize only 1. Most surf shop don't sell or repair them. But like anything else in life you get what you pay for

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    IMO it's disposable tackle that's discontinued once a year which makes parts hard to come by. Stuff is OK but not meant to last. I'd go Daiwa, Penn or Shimano.
    Listen to the grouchy basstard...he knows stuff...

thanks for the advice...if u can suggest a decent priced daiwa, penn or shimano for the surf that would b great.im picking up a sargus 7000 but i assume its not best for the surf so id like to get something around the same price for the surf. dont expect any of this stuff im getting to last as im still learning and just want something to beat on for a year or close to it.

7000 too big and heavy for plugging surf would go sargus 6000 or battle 6000 with a 9' Tica

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again