Thread: New to the site!

Hybrid View

Default New to the site!

I need to catch big fish, pleaze help :-)

Hi Vegas, Welcome to the site. use big plugs.

Default There goes the neighborhood....

Man, I wondered if I was makin a mistake when I gave ya the sekrit password to log on ......now I guess it's too late, you're already here....

Welcome bro, anything I can do to help ya, feel free to ask...
    To answer your question, I might suggest you find an old soda can, wrap some string around it with a 6oz sinker and rusty hook, buy a dozen clams, go out anywhere in the surf S of Sandy Hook....throw those clams in the ocean one at a time, and you will definitely get the big fish you are looking for....

Come back here and tell us about it.... If that doesn't work...there's an old grouchy basstard here named Finchaser. He's one of the best clam fishermen around. He's writing a book on clam fishing. As an old grouchy sharpie, he's highly in demand on the Winter Surf Seminar circuit and will be giving a standing room only seminar on the finer nuances of clam fishing and sitting on a white bucket waiting for that big surf cow....

Anything else I can do for ya...just ask away....

Hi VegasVin welcome to stripers and anglers. I am assuming you are a friend of dark's.
    We can help you. It depends on if you want bass or tuna as there are both around this time of year. For bass bring an old barbell weight to the beach. Toss it out with some rope. Attach a bag of crushed clams, or a pair of dark's used waders. Let sit for an hour. Toss a rod baited with clam out to where that is and you got yourself a monster striped bass. For tuna, troll down the beach by tossing an ava jig out and running up and down as fast as you can. Good luck!

Welcome to S&A

Dark you can stick those clams, as you know I don't use them. Clams and bunker to you are like the American Express card to me I never leave home with out it. Rumor has it all those fish you have been catching are on crabs not plugs, they caught you

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Busted!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Clams and bunker to you are like the American Express card to me I never leave home with out it.
    OOPS! Ya got me....
    Only you would know that the secret behind my waders smelling so bad,,,,is the slabs of frozen bunker and the bags of half-rotten clams I carry around in the wader pouch....as a security blanket in case I get skunked and can't catch a fish on artificials...

Ya got me cold, yessir!

**** Actually, had 2 recent discussions with some friends as to why no one is raking crabs, when the fish are eating.....CRABS!

Could be the 47 degree water...
    or the fact that no one remembers a crab bite this late in the season...
    or that no one wants to put that kind of effort into catching fish when it's January and 30 degrees at night....

Thanks for the laughs, ya grouchy basstid!

** Psst - Vegas, once this all blows over send Fin a PM...I'm telling ya behind the scenes he's a real Clam Guru!