Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site!

Default New to the site!

I need to catch big fish, pleaze help :-)

Hi Vegas, Welcome to the site. use big plugs.

Default There goes the neighborhood....

Man, I wondered if I was makin a mistake when I gave ya the sekrit password to log on ......now I guess it's too late, you're already here....

Welcome bro, anything I can do to help ya, feel free to ask...
    To answer your question, I might suggest you find an old soda can, wrap some string around it with a 6oz sinker and rusty hook, buy a dozen clams, go out anywhere in the surf S of Sandy Hook....throw those clams in the ocean one at a time, and you will definitely get the big fish you are looking for....

Come back here and tell us about it.... If that doesn't work...there's an old grouchy basstard here named Finchaser. He's one of the best clam fishermen around. He's writing a book on clam fishing. As an old grouchy sharpie, he's highly in demand on the Winter Surf Seminar circuit and will be giving a standing room only seminar on the finer nuances of clam fishing and sitting on a white bucket waiting for that big surf cow....

Anything else I can do for ya...just ask away....

Hi VegasVin welcome to stripers and anglers. I am assuming you are a friend of dark's.
    We can help you. It depends on if you want bass or tuna as there are both around this time of year. For bass bring an old barbell weight to the beach. Toss it out with some rope. Attach a bag of crushed clams, or a pair of dark's used waders. Let sit for an hour. Toss a rod baited with clam out to where that is and you got yourself a monster striped bass. For tuna, troll down the beach by tossing an ava jig out and running up and down as fast as you can. Good luck!

Welcome to S&A

Dark you can stick those clams, as you know I don't use them. Clams and bunker to you are like the American Express card to me I never leave home with out it. Rumor has it all those fish you have been catching are on crabs not plugs, they caught you

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Busted!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Clams and bunker to you are like the American Express card to me I never leave home with out it.
    OOPS! Ya got me....
    Only you would know that the secret behind my waders smelling so bad,,,,is the slabs of frozen bunker and the bags of half-rotten clams I carry around in the wader pouch....as a security blanket in case I get skunked and can't catch a fish on artificials...

Ya got me cold, yessir!

**** Actually, had 2 recent discussions with some friends as to why no one is raking crabs, when the fish are eating.....CRABS!

Could be the 47 degree water...
    or the fact that no one remembers a crab bite this late in the season...
    or that no one wants to put that kind of effort into catching fish when it's January and 30 degrees at night....

Thanks for the laughs, ya grouchy basstid!

** Psst - Vegas, once this all blows over send Fin a PM...I'm telling ya behind the scenes he's a real Clam Guru!

Weclome to S&A VegasVin! Look forward to your posts.

Hey welcome aboard. Where do you fish out of?

VegasVin welcome to stripers and anglers.

Dark and Finchaser you can't tell me you never used clams in your whole lives. That's the only way to catch bass in the RB in March. You weren't born with a plugging rod in your hands were you?
    Dark, you know we were getting fish to 44" in the bay in November, and clams was the only thing they would hit.

A big welcome VV.

Welcome to the asylum.

Dark has fished clams since I met him just recently he is weing off them. As for me I tried it 2 times its a boring no brainer also I don't fish Raritan Bay not into the combat fishing . I also catch twice as many fish on plugs as my snot slinging friends. As for March the past 2 years most of my fish were keepers on plugs. RB produces mainly shorts in March with a super high mortality rate.

Yeah, he is an imposter. He used to carry a googan bucket for a long time. You can probably find it on the internet somewhere. Learn from others, but the only thing he can teach you is how to sleep on the road in a public toilet.
    Love ya anyay, Dark, you tap into the laugh bank with every new venture out there.

If you know him you should realize we have to bust him to keep him in line. If he starts getting too big for his britches he will go pro on us and the old Darkskies will lose his luster. To be honest I kind of liked the original version when he was the protector of truth and justice all over the internet but he seems to have mellowed out since he got old. Oh the fights he used to get into with people, those were the days, bags of popcorn. He doesn't even take my troll bait anymore.
    Welcome to the site, Vegas.

welcome aboard!

VV, welcome.

You guys are out of line. Why do you have to pick on dark so much? He has always been helpful to me and I learned a lot here. I started out fishing with clams too, until dark challenged me and forced me to think outside the box. It is a lot harder to catch fish on plugs. What is the big deal with the elitism about clams anyway? they catch, and they help the guys who are justr starting out to get a degree of confidence before they grow into trying differnt plugs.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, and welcome to a great site vegasvin. Look forward to your contributions too.

I don't pick on him I keep him in line so he will always be king googan.

Thanx for the warm welcome guy's. Hey mr. finnchaser, I know Dark for about five years now and all i can say is he was a googan when i first met him and now he's become an even bigger googan!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVin View Post
    Thanx for the warm welcome guy's. Hey mr. finnchaser, I know Dark for about five years now and all i can say is he was a googan when i first met him and now he's become an even bigger googan!

you are a great judge of character again welcome

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    you are a great judge of character again welcome
    X2, he's part googan, part court jester. At times better than watching the comedy channel. Welcome Vegas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast