A little late, but thought I would throw this one in (and yay for my first post). Fished Sat am (2/4) from 545am to 10am. Still learning my way around MoCo and trip was a lot of just that. ***. Threw everything I have in the bag with no takers. Like I said - still very much learning the ropes up here. Coming from Maryland, the land of conventional reels and bait dunking, this pluggin' thing is taking some time. Still really enjoyable and how can you complain about a 45* day in Feb where you have a legit shot at a fish?

While out there early, I got to thinking. With the nature of trips this time of year being what they are, cold water and even colder air temps, slick rocks and often being out there solo, I was wondering if anyone out there is wearing helmets in the dark conditions. I am perfectly ok wearing my inflatable PFD under my shell, but is a helmet taking it too far? They are cheap ($50 for a good one on sale), offer insulation and can save a life. Does anyone here have a perspective they want to share?