Guys crushed the bass in the bay Sun night.

Several people texted me the pics. One of my friends got 10 bass to 20#, fishing all by himself.

The yakkers also did well on Sat and Sun daytime, although in relatively cloudy conditions.

Based on the above reports, a friend from Brooklyn came over for Monday. I took off from work. We launched our kayaks in the dark and fished the whole ebb tide in the bay.

It was dismal as it was too sunny out (last 2 days prior were overcast) and we barely avoided the skunk.
He fished some bunker pods with live bunker. He raised one nice fish with no hookups, and I think had some other activity but nothing solid.

I worked about 4 miles each way in the yak, roughly 8 miles total. I trolled some deeper water, 7-12' and only managed a short 20" bass that hit a 9" shad.

In reality, we had gone out to find some of the larger bass.
In that respect I feel we failed.
Hey, that's fishin....
In all...... it was a successful trip because we didn't get skunked.

It was one of those days...
great for fishin, bad for catchin

I'll take the lousy snotty days..or the night bite..the bass don't seem to mind...

I won't be going back to fish the bay by yakking the daytime until we have a few overcast days, as I have been finding too many fish in the ocean, for less effort.
The bay night bite has been interesting, though, may give that a few more shots....

till next time...