I want to document that the head on this fish in post 15 is the smallest of the bigger fish I have caught since Dec 2011.
There's a reason for this documentation here.

Over the Winter I've been catching fish of similar lengths, with different size heads and tails.

At first I was theorizing that these were Hudson fish mixed in with the Chesapeake fish.
I've had similar conversations with friends and some members here,,,,,and I thank you for your input...

There are lots of folks who might dispute this....
But after seeing a few hundred fish in a compressed time period, I feel differently.

Lately I've been getting some feedback from some old-timers that there are some additional spawning biomasses, different than the Chesapeake or Hudson strains. (and different from the fish in the Northern rivers of the LI Sound.)

As time permits, I'll be developing an article on my findings and posting the results in a different thread.
Some may think it's ridiculous or delusional. That's OK, I have thick skin for the folks who want to disagree with me....

At this point I think there's enough anecdotal data, to at least explore the possibilities.
Stay tuned, people....