I haven't had a chance to review the full text and amendments in detail. When I do I'll try to get back here and post some thoughts. In the meantime, if you folks aren't happy about a particular provision or amendment, please post up.

This is your access, people....
and the saddest realization I'm seeing in the last 2 years is that less people care, or seem to want to be involved, even when it's made easy for them....

I have some access concerns going on, where I am fighting battles against certain parties in private....no one seems to think how they may affect our future access...and will be posting these as new developments occur.....

The bottom line.....there are thousands out there willing to let I and others do the work, and who have no interest or don't see it as an issue....until the day they get to their favorite fishing spot, and see they can't fish there anymore.....

Please folks, get involved in access issues where you live and play...before it's too late....

A mentor of mine was fond of saying....

"Access, once lost, is rarely if ever re-gained"

We found that out at Shoreham Beach in Brookhaven, LI.
We are seeing that on the best shore fishing spots on the North Shore of LI.

We have already lost jetty access from some places ranging from Highlands, NJ to Ocean City, NJ....

Don't think this can't happen in your area, even with this new legislation and amendments....because there are always creative ways a town can maneuver around these.....

Thanks for reading, folks, and don't be shy, feel free to comment....