Thread: "Epic" fishing trip for Stripers and Anglers member today.....

Thumbs up "Epic" fishing trip for Stripers and Anglers member today.....

Folks should know by the title that this will be a rare literary narrative for me....as I rarely use this term...for to me, there is not much anymore in the way of epic fishing....but for one of our members today, it was....

The ingredients:

2 bushels of fresh clams....
    2 flats of fresh bunker...
    1 flat of juicy fresh sandworms bought from Castaways Tackle in Point... (that should be a clue as to who is out there)
    5 dozen tapeworms dug by these 2 guys in the middle of the night at low tide in back bay clam areas....
    3 dozen slippery eels.....

All the bait any bait fishermen could want or need...it will be onboard today....

The gear:

Conventional Rods and Reels
    Ava jigs with every color of tail you could imagine,
    Every size of Ava made...

Krocodile spoons up to 6 oz....
    Bunker spoons....

Clambrella Rigs....

"Special" Combo bunker and clam rigs that only the sharpies know about....

Clamzilla rigs...

Rubber Shads in every size and color

The players:

(1) cantankerous SOB

(2) His lifelong friend, name ending in a vowel.....and he'll break your legs if you reference that.....

Maybe one other player in this "epic" day on the water....

So who is it?

Free plug for anyone who can identify both of the players above, before they get back from the trip....

(no cell phone pre-emptive intel calls allowed....)

Another free plug to anyone who can guess the exact amount of bass they will catch today, and up to what weight....
    (no cell phone pre-emptive intel calls allowed....)

Start your guesses, people, the clock is ticking.....

That was too easy, Dark.

Finchaser and Surfstix.Catch numbers will be 36 fish to 21lbs, all released.
    Don't anyone else bother posting, I got this one won by a mile.

Finchaser and is there I guy named Joe?
    11 bass with a top weight of 21
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

You’re not bringing the kitchen sink

good luck to you guys

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    The ingredients:

2 bushels of fresh clams....
    2 flats of fresh bunker...
    1 flat of juicy fresh sandworms bought from Castaways Tackle in Point... (that should be a clue as to who is out there)
    5 dozen tapeworms dug by these 2 guys in the middle of the night at low tide in back bay clam areas....
    3 dozen slippery eels.....

All the bait any bait fishermen could want or need...it will be onboard today....
    Epic my as_ I hate that word and no bait on the boat unless we have live ones in the bait well which we fish on a circle hook , no snag and drop gut hooked fish. Also just jigs for jigging our preferred method plus a boga grip and a release net. One of the clubs I'm in disqualifies you if you use snag and drop or treble hooks considered armature hour bullsh_t. All snagged bunker must be rehooked.Now that we have that straight see the next post.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    That was too easy, Dark. Finchaser and Surfstix.Catch numbers will be 36 fish to 21lbs, all released.

Wish Surfstix could be there(I'll work on that for god willing next year) anyway we had 99 fish to 99 pounds in 99 minutes
    I know boat fish don't count but all kidding aside, there were no fish or birds from Monmouth to shark river inlet HEAD BOATS STRUCK OUT BIG TIME. We left them and made a run and finally found some. I ended the morning with 8 fish to 12# all still swimming. My friend who has the new(2012) 28' Regulator had 5 TO 11#.

Scary part there are no big or small fish around everything is 29 to 36".
    Sad part is these fish are all spawning size and haven't spawned yet and very few are thrown back,these are the last of the breeders.

The major schools are 1 1/2 to 2 miles off very very little inside 50'. The bait out there you could walk on in spots did not mark or see any sand eels, 99% herring. The death wish Kayak crew were 2 miles out many you couldn't see in the swell and chop,they are not going to be happy until someone gets killed and restrictions are put into effect.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

He was on another trip this AM....
    I realized I may not have been fair, asking ya's for the exact # of fish to win a plug....

So this time, whoever comes within 5 of the total....and has the closest guess over someone else....wins the plug....

Put your thinking caps on....Just talked to him, .he's coming back to the barn soon... get your guesses in before he posts....

7 Bass, largest 15 lbs.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hey thanks for the 2nd chance. I guess 8 bass, 17.5lbs Hope you had a great day finchaser!

10 bass to 14#

6 bass with 13lbs being the biggest

I say he got 10, to 16#
    Way to get on em finchaser. I remember reading that you had some operations. Must feel great to get out there and have the salt in your face again.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Epic my as_ I hate that word and no bait on the boat unless we have live ones in the bait well which we fish on a circle hook , no snag and drop gut hooked fish. Also just jigs for jigging our preferred method plus a boga grip and a release net. One of the clubs I'm in disqualifies you if you use snag and drop or treble hooks considered armature hour bullsh_t. All snagged bunker must be rehooked.Now that we have that straight see the next post.

I knew I could get ya all riled up with that.....

For those of ya's reading this for the first time, Fin doesn't use bait....Be aware I've been known to embellish when it comes to stories involving him....the fishing numbers are always true, but I have fun exaggerating the details and giving him Ogida (did I say that right Vpass or Surfwalker?)

Glad you're fishing after being cooped up all winter, OGB....you deserve those fish, catch em up.

99 fish to 99 pounds.
    If that isn't it Ill say 12 fish, 29lbs.

Gool luck guys, hope you got into em. Glad to see you fishing again finchaser. Best wishes for good health and a successful season.