Thread: PEW MPAs

Hybrid View

This is why we need to get rid of osama.

Thanks for posting that clamchucker. It just shows that we fishermen are on the bottom of the list as far as user groups they are concerned about. If we don't fight I see MPAs possible here in NJ. It's funny that 3 years there were threads here on this very same subject. I just did a search and found 4 of them. No one believed it was possible, and some folks were adamant that it would never happen and that the Obama administration would never do that to us fishermen. Fast forward to today and their words of denial are chilling.

The piece of sh_t in the white house is totally for this in his plan to take over the US

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    No one believed it was possible, and some folks were adamant that it would never happen and that the Obama administration would never do that to us fishermen. Fast forward to today and their words of denial are chilling.
    No one believed we would have a society where free welfare and unemployment let people not have jobs for 18 months either.

I heard they were going to make part of gateway parks into a mpa. The area by the cross bay bridge. does anyone know if that is true or not? thanks

I don't know about the NY side but do remember seeing in a thread here that parts of sandy hook were considered a partial mpa. I believe certain areas are closed to crabbing for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    I heard they were going to make part of gateway parks into a mpa. The area by the cross bay bridge. does anyone know if that is true or not? thanks
    http://www.nps.gov/gate/marine-protected-area.htm

Thank you njdiver.

yes sir thanks much.