Be careful what you ask for you just might get it. - this was something my grandfather used to say all the time when we were growing up. A friend of mine was at that meeting tonight. He said that the gov't is thinking about closing all bunker netting down not only to the commercial big boats but the recreational boats too. I guess that means every single personal boat out there, even the ones with the small 6' nets?
It is mind boggling that they would do something like that.
Dark Skies I hope you don't mind me mentioning this as I see your posts on several sites. On one site, bass Barn, you got into it hot and heavy with a Capt over there. You were saying that the group, menhaden defenders, has PEW ties. or something like that. I am sorry if I don't remember it correctly.
What I understood from your posts is that these groups want to make it worse for all fishermen and support these groups like bunker defenders as a way to do that. I thank you for having the courage to speak out and point out some things that are unpleasant. After hearing what happened tonight I will never support the menhaden defenders. It seems liike they want to get everyone all riled up but the real intention is to shut bunker down for everyoe. And then if that doesn't happen they will say here here look what we did for you we got them to agree to give NJ fishermen 10,000 bunker a year. No way did I think they would go after the receational fisherman. This just sucks, totally.