Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LI Fishing Reports for 2012 www.stripersandanglers.com

Default Re: LI Fishing Reports for 2012 www.stripersandanglers.com

I have been out the Big M a few times in the last weeks.
    Managed 2 fish to 15 pounds the first trp. Only one teen fish 13 pounds the last trip. A few smaller schoolies and some bluefish. Darters at night. Very slow this year, that concerns me.

Congrats to Grace McIntyre of the Lady Reelers, beautiful weakfish.

BB i was going to make the trek there tonight, thanks you saved me some gas. I have been getting some fish that size near the inlets at night. Really sucks.

Hey guys the fish are starting to get active again. Picked up 3 blues to 13lbs and one bass 29" tonight on the SS, S of FI. Bunker chunks. Beautiful night out.

Default Re: NY fishing reports for September 2011...www.Stripersandanglers.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-12_18-03-33_283.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	15423

I fished after work today in SI. There were huge schools of
    of peanuts getting worked by blues and albes. i wait for action to get closer, but it never happened. I did get a small weakie for my effort.

Pink rubber on jighead always a winner. Nice going dude.

Outstanding, V.
    Seeing albies porpoise on bait like that never gets old for me. They haven't been in that area, like that, for years....
    I know you'll get into em soon....good effort and good luck.

Nice going vpass!

way to go vpass.

Did good on schoolies last night at the end of mecca. They were on the mullet in tight to the shoreline. Picked up 17 to 16lbs. Most were schoolies 5-7 lbs. Bucktail and pork was the ticket.

Fantastic report nitestrikes. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Fantastic report nitestrikes. thanks
    What he said, sounds like some very good action.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice going Nitestrikes, looks like it's about to blow wide open soon.

Spent Sunday and Monday in Mecca. over 20 bass each day. Fish averaged 28", up to 21#. Pencil poppers and small swimmers. The mullet and rainfish were pouring out of the sound. Action and fishermen everywhere. Very crowded on sunday, not so much on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    Spent Sunday and Monday in Mecca. over 20 bass each day. Fish averaged 28", up to 21#. Very crowded on sunday, not so much on monday.
    Congrats on the action, great report.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Great reports nitestrkes and budda, have to make the drive one of these days. Heard it was a little slow there this weekend. It was slow for me in the Jones area today too. Fished 4-6:30 pm with tins and poppers. One bluefish on a popper, nothing else. Surf was good but no one told the fish.

Fished the ss this morning, one short bass on a teaser. Lots of small bait in the wash. Looked like albies jumping further out. wish I could have had a chance at them

Mecca, I was there on Sunday and got one short bass at 5am, fished till the afternoon, and left. i heard it got better on monday.

jones from 5-7a incoming. Not a thing.

Great effort guys....can't catch em from your couch.....

We fished at breezy park in the bay today and got 5 stripers useing clams. one was a keeper 29 inches and we kept it. The stomach was empty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast