Thread: Nice catch by my little guy

Default Nice catch by my little guy

Took my two boys and my neighbor fishing today. We decided to do a little two on two fun tournament. The youngest one (my son) caught the biggest fish and he was so happy. I heard the drag screaming and looked over at his pole bent over. All of sudden the fish was in the shallows and I lipped it before the fish broke the 4lb test line. Most of the fish in this pond are small so this was a big surprise.

Good thing the little guy (age 5) was on my team and we won because all I caught were sunfish. It was really funny because the older kids (10 and 8) didn't want him on their team. I know who they will want on their team next time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010171_updated.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	15202

Nice Catch Good for him the smile says it all.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Wow that is a great pic! Thanks for sharing.

smiles all around, nice report!

Very nice report c4charlie. It shows you that you cannot always judge a book by its cover. Best of luck for continud success for you and the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by c4charlie View Post
    Good thing the little guy (age 5) was on my team and we won because all I caught were sunfish. It was really funny because the older kids (10 and 8) didn't want him on their team. I know who they will want on their team next time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010171_updated.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	15202

They say appearances can be deceiving, and kids can be cruel and judgemental.
    I guess they learned a valuable lesson about judging somone....good to see a great time was had by all, that's what it's all about.

Great report, tell the little one I'm proud of him.. I'll give ya some FW lures for him next time I see ya. Please remiind me of this so I can swing by my house and pick them up.

Fantastic report and like surfstix said the smiles say it!

Thanks everyone! Very nice group of people on the forum, I read the little guy these comments and he was loving it. Today his two uncles were over and he showed them the picture and we told them the story at the dinner table. It is so amazing seeing how kids view and discuss their accomplishments.