Thread: fishing for sharks from a beach or inlet

Default fishing for sharks from a beach or inlet

These guys got a bull shark estimated at 3-400lbs. Look at the rod and reel ther using holy crap! Anyone ever try fishing from inlets or beaches for sharks this big?

Here is another one this is totally sick!

Did you hear that reel scream in the first video? That was a big fish for sure.

When I lived in Florida I had my Diawa 50H stripped I had 30pound test and the star drag near locked. I ended up with big blisters on both of my thumbs trying to stop. I was swimming a 1 1/2 pound blue.

Hey vpass do you have any tips for shark fishing the beach? Terminal tackle, getting the baits out, etc? I want to try it in July when the brown sharks come in.
    btw what kind of shark do you think it was that was on the end of your line?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Hey vpass do you have any tips for shark fishing the beach? Terminal tackle, getting the baits out, etc? I want to try it in July when the brown sharks come in.
    btw what kind of shark do you think it was that was on the end of your line?
    Cowherder, I had a 10/0 circle hook on 80 pound test leader. I was trying for tarpon. I have no real experience with sharks. I am interest in sharking off the beach. I might try this year, but alittle nervous on releasing it.

I never got to see the shark i hooked, but i knew it had to be. it was very common.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I never got to see the shark i hooked, but i knew it had to be. it was very common.
    Still must have been quite a thrill. thanks vpass.