Thread: Demo Access restricted because of one Plover Nest

Default Demo Access restricted because of one Plover Nest

This gets sillier and sillier every year.
    The LIBBA press release -

"William Walter Lomnicki Billy
    PRESS RELEASE: NYS has deemed it necessary to close Democrat Point due to a new pair of Piping Plovers found near the jetty. As President of LIBBA I find this decission by NYS completely unreasonable! There are other ways to solve this problem rather than close the whole beach. With the holiday weekend upon us NYS has ruined many of our members weekend.

The back road WILL be open but I did not buy my pass to park on the back road. I feel that with the fee we are paying other arrangements should have been made.
    Therefore, I encourage EVERY LIBBA member to contact NYS Parks at 631-669-1000 to question their decision, ask for someone in the decision making department!
    Also, call your Assemblyman, Legislator and Senator to lodge your complaint. DON'T depend on the other guy to do this....

We are all blue collar workers and are deserving of a little more courtesy.
    As the LIBBA President I have a responsibility to my membership and will do everything in my power to try to get this situation under control. We are the Keepers of the Beach and we will continue to be the Keepers of the Beach.

Billy Lomnicki, LIBBA President with the backing of my entire Board of Directors."

Then LIBBA got them to agree to limited access this weekend:

PRESS RELEASE: LIBBA President Billy Lomnicki has just informed me that an agreement has been reached with the NY State Parks to allow access to Democrat Point for this weekend.
    There will be a fence to prevent beach vehicles from going around to the back side.
    Thank you Billy and thank you NY State Parks for being reasonable.

Many to Billy.

South Beach Demo 4x4 area reopened, temporarily, official memo-

Subject: 4x4 Area Democrat Point
    Fishing Advisory Board
    Please be advised we are reopening the south beach of the 4x4 area of Democrat Point at Robert Moses State Park. The beach will be closed to vehicles two hundred meters east of the jetty. Snow fence will be installed and vehicles will not be authorized to pass that location. The Long Island Beach Buggy Association has agreed to provide volunteers to assist us to monitor this area. This area is scheduled to again close the morning of Tuesday, 5/29 and the inlet road will remain open at that time.

Georgiana Marshen

Default Re: Demo Access restricted because of one Plover Nest

Every year we suffer because of thise birds. The access at Breezy is restricted down too. If these birds are going to come back shouldn't they take them to a sanctuary somewhere, take the eggs, and try to raise a lot of them? If you ask me it would be a lot easier.

Default Re: Demo Access restricted because of one Plover Nest

I am really angry. They really screwed us. What is the worst if you buy the pass first and they don't tell you. Even though they eventually open it we should get some money back for the time we missed.