Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
i don't understand the marine fish concervationist network. Who are they and what have they done for the average fisherman?

Seamonkey, to answer your question, the Marine Fish Conservation Network is a Pro-Environmental Group, which is funded by PEW Trust donations.
(Note that I said Pro-Environmental Group, not Pro-Fisherman Group.

Some have called them Environmental Zealots.
I believe they are.
This has caused great acrimony on some sites, as Mr Eidman emphaticaly states that he is "for" fishermen and "for" Conservation. Their strategy is mostly to say the folks who view them as environmental zealots are mis-informed, while they do not offer concrete responses to the valid questions that are asked of them.

The main point I want to raise awareness of, is this....
Groups like the MFCN will stop at nothing to further their Extreme Eco Agenda,
Groups similar to this, and other PEW funded ones, have been responsible for the MPAs which now restrict fishing in 10% of California's waters.....

They say they want to fight for fishermen, and in fact have made some token attempts to mask their true intentions, but the main goal, is Conservation, Above everything else....

I have serious reservations about groups that support or are likely to support MPAs.
I will fight against this, and bring this to the attention of those who are not aware.
It's something I feel compelled to do, because my fishing is that important to me.....