Quote Originally Posted by voyager35 View Post
"My main reason for doing this is I'm a forage fish guy," Eidman said of his conservation efforts, which started with river herring rescue efforts to help spawning fish get around New Jersey river dams. "This particular seat is really important to New Jersey. It's really important to all fishermen, recreational and commercial, to have a balanced council."

But Eidman gets no love from the Recreational Fishing Alliance, which dislikes his links to the Marine Fish Conservation Network. Both Eidman and that group are critical of the RFA's efforts to change federal fisheries law.

Jim Donofrio, RFA's director, said the Outdoors Alliance is "endorsing an environmental zealot who supports President Obama's restrictive policies on fishermen, including the National Ocean Policy and catch shares, while opposing local efforts to reform the federal fisheries law."

Thanks for that Voyager. Dark, you keep up the arguments. I love seeing you get into it with folks like this. Eidman is an environmental zealot in sheeps clothing. You are one tenacious debater. Doesn't seem like you get too ruffled in a dustup, you always manage to come back for more. Thanks for making that point about the Marine Conservation Network on the Barn. Before this year I did not even know who they were. Keep fighting the good fight. I have plenty of popcorn.