Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Jersey's bid for Fisheries Council seat hits a snag

Default Re: New Jersey's bid for Fisheries Council seat hits a snag

Focus on who's behind these groups......PEW....

Folks, I appreciate your restraint.
    Instead of attacking Mr Eidman, please instead focus on the nature of the groups he supports and that support him.

The Marine Fishing Conservation Network gets a large part of their funding from PEW and PEW channeled groups.
    There have been discussions on other sites where guys lament the loss of the seat for NJ.

I understand that and empathize.
    We could benefit from having a voice on the Council from NJ.....
    But if that voice was connected to and supported by PEW, we would lose in the long run.

As a further example of this, I give you Dr Jane Luchenko, current head of the NOAA.
    In this postition, she has unprecedented power to shut down any fishery, with or without valid, accurate data.
    And she has shut down several fisheries since being appointed....with some of them being questionable because they were not supported by accurate data....

Yet she has done this anyway.,...and in the blink of an eye, could shut down striped bass.....
    I'm not afraid to go out on a limb here and predict that could happen within the next 8 years...

This is the danger when you support folks with PEW ties.
    In Dr Lubchenko's case, she worked directly for PEW before she was appointed to the NOAA

Notice the words "appointed",
    not "elected"......

I see folks on this, and other sites, complaining about the politization of these choices....
    That is the nature of the process, folks......

For example, concerned about Mr Eidman being appointed, I reached out to several contacts and folks I know who actively work on issues like this. I was assured that Mr Eidman would not be appointed. This was after my last post on this subject, and before the appointment was announced.

This is why it is imperative to support a group you feel will fight for you behind the scenes, as this is how most decisions are made.

Some have suggested the RFA.

For some reason, some folks out there have issues with the RFA...
    If that is the case, fine.....but you need to find some PAC who will support your interests as a fisherman.......

and I ask you this probing questuion.....
    How can a group, with ties to PEW, which by its record has shown to be Pro Eco Friendly and Anti Fisherman, support your interests?

After you eliminate the groups with PEW ties, there aren't too many left, other than the RFA, who are actively lobbying on a daily basis to fight for fishermen issues.....Again, I understand that some have issues with them as well.....

In a perfect society, we would be happy with all the folks, all of the time...
    But we all know this is not a perfect society....compromises have to be made if we are to live together...and sometimes we are not completely happy with all the things our representatives, do, or do not do. for us....

Food for thought, people.....

I have to be honest too. Its too much for me to follow. thanks for the up to date reports guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12