Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
Come on now that is the biggest part of the bragging rights.
"We were on the water by sunrise and back at the barn by 9am with a full limit." The best advertisement for skill is to say you caught a lot of fish without really trying. Working for them says you are a goog or don't know how to catch. I have caught a few big fish this year have had to work almost all night to get them. Had to take the kayak out near some of the islands and paddle all over the place. by that definition I must be a goog as well. What happened to the values of yesterday where hard work and a reward for it were prized attributes for fishing? Where did our society go wrong by turning the concept of fishing into something like running through a McDonalds drive in. Get in, get out, get home in time to watch the game.
Fishing is the coolest game out there because things are always changing. Guess some folks don't believe that any more.
I agree dogfish...what's the point of limiting out on 3lb fluke so you can get back to the dock early. That's just filling the freezer with expensive filets. Anyone who loves to fish would never want to head back to the dock early.