Thread: Power Pro Super 8 Slick Braid

Hybrid View

Default Re: Power Pro Super 8 Slick Braid

I'd go back to mono before I'd use power pro, it's even worse since shimano bought the company

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I'd go back to mono before I'd use power pro, it's even worse since shimano bought the company
    Seriously, don't hold back, how do you really feel?
    I hated the old stuff, this Super 8 Slick Braid has been good for me so far. Have seen a few reviews where this stuff is hated, others where its thought of as the best. Just like all the other lines out there, lots of opinions....but mono?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Seriously, don't hold back, how do you really feel?
    I hated the old stuff, this Super 8 Slick Braid has been good for me so far. Have seen a few reviews where this stuff is hated, others where its thought of as the best. Just like all the other lines out there, lots of opinions....but mono?
    Haven't tried the new stuff it's 8 strand instead of 6 so it's rounder, but the old stuff had too many mystery break offs my new favorite is Fireline BRAID tracer . This is braid not regular fireline. Most of my reels are filled with Stren Sonic a;though a few have Suffix. As for mono P-line co polymer

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I wondered why I kept getting those mystery break offs with powerpro. I thought it was the top guide but had it happen on more than one pole. Thanks for the info guys.

Power Pro Super 8 Slick Braid, So far thrilled with this line. Have used it on every trip since June. Since I started using it I have had 3 knots, instead of untangling them since its so slick I just pulled on both sides of the knot it it just undid itself. Zero mysterious breaks. Casting distance as good as ever. No complaints yet. Need to see how long it holds up and stays slick.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I just spooled up my surf rod with the same ...haven't taken it out yet ....
    I hope I have the same results monty