Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Blues from the surf, some questions

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

^^ Rip while you were posting that I was fishing on the night shift. Stopped for a bit looking for the bluefish. Saw some bait and decided to stay. That was probably a poor decision, because in 2 hours of casting I got nothing. I really think that with the mullet thinning out that back bay big bluefish bite on artificials is dead, unless some other baitfish move in to take their place.....

Ran out of energy and didn't make it to the ocean. Couldn't even make it home, had to crash in the car. I was sleepin when ya called me, sorry if I was crabby.

This whole lot of fishing for mostly nothing is getting old.
    Even the old timers I talked to hanging at the beach club the other day are getting tired of not seeing any real numbers of fish.

Default Re: Night Blues from the surf, some questions

Some of the bluefish that we were getting, up to 15#,

I think this one was about 10# or a little larger....My hand is in the gills because I killed it and kept it.
    These larger bluefish were the highlight of my Sept fishing....with the mullet leaving I will be sad to see them go.

Although very picky, when they hit and ran it was like the adrenalin you were looking for.
    Some of them were tail walkers...and if a 15# bluefish tail walking doesn't excite ya........I feel sorry for ya....
    IMO bass this size do not fight as well.
    I know most folks don't care about these bluefish....but there was a small core group of us, along with the old-timers, who had a blast catching them...

I truly think that bite is over now for that area, but it could resume if larger quantities of bait start to move around......

This pic is from 9-24-12, just when the action was at it's peak....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2082.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	15557

Night Bluefish.....
    I believe some in the 8-12# class are starting to filter in again.....it seems to me they are hitting our shores in waves..(just my experience)...similar pattern along the beaches of IBSP and Ocean County...a lot of the little ones, migrating up the coast....and the bigger ones, beautiful purple color, still coming in from offshore....

Only had time for a few pics last night....some of the smaller ones....

Attachment 18459

Attachment 18461Attachment 18460

All hit the Superstrike little neck like it was their last meal.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP5505.jpg   IMGP5506.jpg  

IMGP5507.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12