Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussion: Fishing Rubber, covering all the Bases

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Shads are my goto if I want to know if the fish are there...especially bluefish.

Caught my first 2014 bass on a 4" rubber shad rigged on one of my ball jigs.
    Question about rubber, because I noticed the guys throwing teasers are trying to match the hatch of small bait out there.
    If you are casting rubber, do you try to match the hatch closely like with teasers? If the sandeels do come in does it make sense to throw the big hogys or sluggos for a bigger fish. or do you try to match the bait as closely as possible. thanks

I never use a teaser with rubber just rubber on a jig head not the premade shads and trust me I catch allot of fish on rubber. I only fish plugs and an occasional teaser if the situation calls for it

Big Hoagies and big Sluggos mimic eels for sand eels DOA jerk bait, storm sand eel (7/8 ounce), vision eel, finesse (4 &5 inch), got striper(5 and 7") and 4" rip tides on 1/2 to 1 ounce bullet style jig heads

For mullet and peanuts I use Lunker City Shakers (6"), AAT's (4") and 5" rip tides on a shad style jig head (jig heads 1/2 to 1/1/2 ounce)

Can't vary depth with the premade they are weighed to size and to get heavier you have to go up in shad size IMO defeats the purpose

Hope this helped you

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123