Thread: Surfstix' Plugs and the Fish They Catch.....

Hybrid View

Default "Dark I can't catch fish on a FULL MOON!!!" Mon night report 1-9-12 to 1-10-12

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies;56160[COLOR=blue
    Mon night was outstanding, 19 bass to 15#,[/COLOR] biggest on Surfstix's Custom A-40 (Sorry Surf, I tend to call ALL metal lipped swimmers "Dannies", less syllables to say, and we all know how I need to cut down on the syllables and paragraphs I spew out there... )

I'll post the pics when I get a chance with an abbreviated report. I'm losing energy to post these long-winded reports when I need to spend my time on work, Pebbles, and going after these fish at night.
    Those of you who got my phone reports consider yourselves lucky (or cursed...)
    Congrats again Extreme, and all the others who pushed it to get fish.....

Attachment 14648

Look how ugly that mag darter looks, it's been hit by so many fish it has almost no color left...anyone here wanna tell me how one color or scale pattern is gonna slay them over another color?
    Put another way...is it the color that catches the fish...or the guy working the plug that catches the fish....

Attachment 14649

Attachment 14651

Attachment 14653

Here you can see one with a bulging belly.
    Attachment 14652

For the log:
    Winds start -finish: 0-10, Sw to W
    Temps: 38-32

The level of activity was exceptional. The moon being obscured by clouds probably had a lot to do with that.
    What worked - mag darter fished old skool style was most effective and landed the most fish. Fish were scattered and you really had to work for them. After realizing how scattered they were, I "teased" them into hitting the plug, and my hookups increased. Caught fish on both sides of the tide.

Also caught a few on black bomber and yellow and orange swimmer.

Surfstix A-40 Plug accounted for the biggest fish, around 15#. Landed one at 15#, then lost that plug when another fish in that class wrapped me around structure and I couldn't turn her.

19 fish total
    4 of the fish were keepers, to 15#... all released.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0773.jpg   IMGP0786.JPG  

IMGP0784.JPG   IMGP0772.jpg  

IMGP0778.JPG   IMGP0785.JPG  

Thanks Rich those are some fatties glad it caught for ya.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.