Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012

5lb weakie way to go my friend and welcome back

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

5 lb weakie is the Shizz-nit Shark hart. That is a big fish for a weakie. About how long was it?

5# weakfish, niiiice.

Wow a weakfish that went 5 lbs? Maybe not a trophy but certainly a lot bigger than the 13" spikes they are getting. Way to put in your time SH!

Thanks guys, 25" , I was fishing under some lights, saw another same size sitting inches under the surface, didnt hit, others were on the smaller side. ANother guy is getting 3-5lbs in that area too, so the comeback is on, I could see them just under surface, waiting then wacking and hauling off a peanut at time, and one of those birds that drags its feet and flys inches over the water must have saw them too and the bait was circling for a while, he almost had a tragic end with some power pro but flew free.

Another oddity which has been going on for last few seasons is the lack of 10 inch blue fish in the back bays (lleast down snj), some years back when weak fishing was strong I almost hated to go out due to the all the chomped plastics we'd go through, alot of spots were like a buzz saw until mid Oct. I ran into thick schools of mullet at one spot then the peanuts and not one blue. Just goes to show how fish patterns are constantly shifting.

Fished this morning ocean side from 1:00 to 10:30, El Skunko. Hit three spots. First spot nothing, didn't see any bait. Next spot lots and lots of bait moving south, in close, didn't see anything on it. Third spot saw what looked like False Albacore. Most of the time was about 275 yards out, Had one brief shot at them (came within 50 yards for maybe a minute), and missed. Was like a lake out there almost. Water was stained early on and seemed to be cleaning up as the morning got later. Was real nice out, humidity gone. Great being out there.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hey at least ya tried...some prefer to sit their Azzes in front of a computer screen and wait for someone to tell them the beach is loaded with fish...you were out there, looking and working it hard....
    And I have to tell ya although I'm still laughing about Steve's comments, your white water sunrise pics are among the best I've ever seen......thanks for sharing, Monty.