Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Was out a long time tonight, I knew the outgoing was going to be the play but i gave the end of incoming a go anyway. Tons of bait but I went two hours with only an oyster cracker to show for it I missed two weakie hits and an acquaintance got 2 weaks so waited em out for the outgoing. 40 mins into Outgoing like a flip of a light switch, weakies started dancing all through the bait and snappers were chomping away too. Started to get a good amount of hits rotating between 4" pink, Shrimp and gulp minnows. The dance turned into churning dimpled water with peanuts, rainfish and game fish flying everywhere, was a constant orchestra of sounds too, wild kingdom stuff. I finished with 3 bass and about 25 weakies and dropped even more then that amount from the short strikes. Many hits tonight hard to come tight, if i drifted a shrimp without even reeling or twitching I could feel them munching away at it as it bounced along the bottom. Was a great time Barny bay bite

Nice catch there my friend^^^

This AM 7 blues to 6# all on bucktails

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished ocean side this morning 1:00 - 10:00.
    Beautiful night and surf.
    Worked a good couple miles of beach.
    Around 3:30 with a 14" Hogy I hook into a nice fish. Takes drag and I some how loose it.
    5:30 I catch a ~12 inch bass on rubber teaser.
    Sun up, lots and lots of bait. See a couple fish go air born.
    Around 9:00 while working an area with tons of small bait a bunch of Albies pop up 10-20 yards out, they work the small bait, on my 4th cast, with a fast retrieve of a Pojee I hook up, Strong Fast Run, line coming off spool and then its off after about 20 seconds. No more hook ups.
    Was a fun outing, great weather......So I now can't land a fish over 12 inches. Unreal
    Maybe my drag was to tight on both fish...Googan Move. Dark with the elections coming up and this seasons events, looks like I'm giving you a run for President.....You need to do one of those fall asleep in the porta johns or something to steal my momentum. Can't believe I lost both those fish...
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice to see you had a good time. I hate losing what feels to be a nice fish, your mind will drive you crazy wondering what it was on the end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Nice to see you had a good time. I hate losing what feels to be a nice fish, your mind will drive you crazy wondering what it was on the end of the line.
    Would bet on a fish,but always hoped for a mermaid

Fished last night for an embarassing #of hours.

*(See Monty Marathon, for once I think I qualify)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...monty+marathon

Good tide, water, duration, everything perfect. Made 6 separate stops this time, working a larger area than I usually do as the NJ ocean fish this September seem so scattered and random. I can't even report a missed fish, not a tap as I worked all levels of the water column.

Done before sunrise, went looking for night bluefish. Could not find them either.
    Slept in my vehicle, recurring theme..... because I just ran of energy and could not make it back home driving safely.

Was kind of crabby when I got up....not willing to go home with those results.
    I poked and prodded every nook and cranny of the bay on the way home, trying to find if the mullet were still around, as I saw none in the ocean at night.
    And there should have been...

Could not find mullet, but I did find very small bait emptying out of a creek. Looked like they were getting hammered by snappers. Made some casts anyway and found some bigger bluefish at the end of my casts. Very picky.... they would not hit my smallest plugs, 3" poppers, etc. Ready to give up till started getting action on the smallest rubber and lightest jigheads I have, so light that it was hard to pitch them the distance needed.

Ended up with 8 bluefish to 7#, lots of fun, in the mid-day sun.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Was out a long time tonight, I knew the outgoing was going to be the play but i gave the end of incoming a go anyway. Tons of bait but I went two hours with only an oyster cracker to show for it I missed two weakie hits and an acquaintance got 2 weaks so waited em out for the outgoing. 40 mins into Outgoing like a flip of a light switch, weakies started dancing all through the bait and snappers were chomping away too.

Started to get a good amount of hits rotating between 4" pink, Shrimp and gulp minnows.

The dance turned into churning dimpled water with peanuts, rainfish and game fish flying everywhere, was a constant orchestra of sounds too, wild kingdom stuff.

I finished with 3 bass and about 25 weakies and dropped even more then that amount from the short strikes.

Many hits tonight hard to come tight, if i drifted a shrimp without even reeling or twitching I could feel them munching away at it as it bounced along the bottom. Was a great time Barny bay bite

All the new guys take note...this is an example of an extremely well-written report...tells general area, what he used....and the descriptions he used, sights and sounds, really put me as the reader right alongside as he was catching.....

You may not know that SharkHart has started doing some writing recently....I think it shows here in this report....and I think it generates a sense of enthusiasm for whoever reads it. Thanks and glad ya got into that great action.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Nice catch there my friend^^^

This AM 7 blues to 6# all on bucktails

Finchaser fishin on a Sunday?

Do you have to pay the gatekeeper of the private pond overtime?

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Would bet on a fish,but always hoped for a mermaid

Yup, my bet as well, a Mermaid for Monty... sounds like a movie title.....

Really though, Monty...outstanding report....as I read that I kind of felt that I was there when ya hooked that albie.....
    So you didn't land it...big deal.....
    You were one of the few guys to catch them one year when they were scarce...and in an area where not many were looking for them....
    And it seems you repeated that this morning......

WTG, proud of ya!

(As for that bass ya lost on the Hogy,,I can't help you from reverting to your googan ways.....)

,Finchaser has a hook sharpening service....he sharpened hooks so sharp for one tuna trip the guy blamed a lost tuna on him....imagine that.......PM him, he might be able to help ya out....

^Thats great you had bait for that time monty. I had it in front of me for about 15 minutes this morning in nomoco. one small blue and one hickory. Also saw some big horse bunker, that was strange.
    Awsome reports guys. Based on some of the things I read I thought the mullet would be all over but they were not. does anyone think there are a lot left in the back?

I helped a friend yank his boat out from Seaboard Marina. That marina is all the way toward the back of the creek that leads toward keyport harbor. It was around 9pm on sat night and there was bait popping all over the place back there. Sounded like it was raining at some points. Plenty of bait still waiting to make a move and still plenty of time for the water temps to drop. To me, it looks like its shapin up to be a good fall. Patience fellas.

Slow morning no bait released 2 bluefish 4# on bucktail

Late on my report. Computer issues. Early sat morning SH 1 bass 27" 8lbs. still swimming.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789