Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012

5lb weakie way to go my friend and welcome back

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

5 lb weakie is the Shizz-nit Shark hart. That is a big fish for a weakie. About how long was it?

5# weakfish, niiiice.

Wow a weakfish that went 5 lbs? Maybe not a trophy but certainly a lot bigger than the 13" spikes they are getting. Way to put in your time SH!

Thanks guys, 25" , I was fishing under some lights, saw another same size sitting inches under the surface, didnt hit, others were on the smaller side. ANother guy is getting 3-5lbs in that area too, so the comeback is on, I could see them just under surface, waiting then wacking and hauling off a peanut at time, and one of those birds that drags its feet and flys inches over the water must have saw them too and the bait was circling for a while, he almost had a tragic end with some power pro but flew free.

Another oddity which has been going on for last few seasons is the lack of 10 inch blue fish in the back bays (lleast down snj), some years back when weak fishing was strong I almost hated to go out due to the all the chomped plastics we'd go through, alot of spots were like a buzz saw until mid Oct. I ran into thick schools of mullet at one spot then the peanuts and not one blue. Just goes to show how fish patterns are constantly shifting.

Fished this morning ocean side from 1:00 to 10:30, El Skunko. Hit three spots. First spot nothing, didn't see any bait. Next spot lots and lots of bait moving south, in close, didn't see anything on it. Third spot saw what looked like False Albacore. Most of the time was about 275 yards out, Had one brief shot at them (came within 50 yards for maybe a minute), and missed. Was like a lake out there almost. Water was stained early on and seemed to be cleaning up as the morning got later. Was real nice out, humidity gone. Great being out there.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hey at least ya tried...some prefer to sit their Azzes in front of a computer screen and wait for someone to tell them the beach is loaded with fish...you were out there, looking and working it hard....
    And I have to tell ya although I'm still laughing about Steve's comments, your white water sunrise pics are among the best I've ever seen......thanks for sharing, Monty.

Great report monty, love that white water. It would have been a little more authentic if you were swimming around like a dolphin, though. Maybe next time you can get a passer-by to take a pic as you frolic in the surf line. (just kidding) The table is set and we should start getting them real soon.

We should call him WWM for white water monty

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    We should call him WWM for white water monty
    It was actually a little disappointing. If I'm going to fish for 9 1/2 hours and get the I would prefer it be with a real angry surf. It was really calm out there, StorminSteve had a bad surf surf forecast . Only a few strong swells that tried to push me around a bit and only a couple waves that exploded in my face. Water was pretty sandy but was cleaning up pretty quickly. I couldn't even find any impressive white water to fish or take a pic of . Wind was westerly for the early AM (Knocked the surf down pretty good), was out of the north east when I left.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I Finally got out today. I was fishing the back hoping for some weakies only to get my rubbers torn up by snappers. Got the with the weakies, but did land a few snappers. Lots of bait around. Did see a few schools of 6 inch mullet get wiped out by netters.

fished the hook this morning .strong breeze but 3 onches held bottom. got 16 blue fish kept 4 four supper. on mullet.also got aload of sea robins.there was bunker all over.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I Finally got out today. I was fishing the back hoping for some weakies only to get my rubbers torn up by snappers. Got the with the weakies, but did land a few snappers. Lots of bait around. Did see a few schools of 6 inch mullet get wiped out by netters.
    ^^ At least ya got out there...V.
    I know you haven't had much time to fish lately...must have felt good to wet the line....

Fished the ocean for 2 1/2 hours last night....
    The swell had been cut down by the day's wind....as mentioned, but still a little menacing at night....I fished the top of the flood....so it seemed to build near the top....

This was a long period swell...see our thread "groundswells and other terms"
    to learn more.....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...nd-other-terms

There was also a true west wind....this is good news because for much of the summer the pattern has been S/SW...not terrible, but not great either...this true W/NW...if it holds, should set us up for some more consistent fishing.......
    Of course, YMMV, if you can't find bait there will usually be no fish....

I found this to be true when after I was done in the ocean, I tried to sneak in Finchaser's private pond for some sunrise bluefish...unfortunately the water was too dirty, he forgot to have the filters cleaned, and I got blanked at that location...not a touch.....

The last trip I made, there was no activity in the ocean...this time I would say it was a slow pick...managed 2 short bass in the 3 stops I made....MagDarter, and bucktail got those fish.

Highlight of the night
    Also got one nice sized stargazer on the bucktail....
    I understand some different languages, so as I was releasing the fish I swore I heard it talk to me.....

"Do you know a guy name Monty?"

Me:
    Why yes, I do.

"The one who takes all the pictures and lets all his fish go?"

Me: Yes, that's him!

"Well me and my brothers and sisters are going to be blitzing next Saturday night, do you think you could get him to come out here and catch and release us all?"

Me: Well...I'll give it a try!

So Monty....not only did I do some scouting for ya....
    I got ya all lined up for a Stargazer Blitz, next Saturday night....
    It was the least I could do...to help you out of that skunk pattern....

Catch em up!

Nice work guys, got one albie about 7lbs yesterday in o county. DD got it, they were in close for about 15 minutes in the afternoon.

DS I'm sure you were wet, next time kiss the stargazer good bye it will add to the numerous shots of lighting you have taken to the craniumfurther explaining your insanity

DS I'm sure you were wet, next time kiss the stargazer good bye it will add to the numerous shots of lighting you have taken to the craniumfurther explaining your insanity
    Lmao

Yeah, yeah, i know, more times than I can count I have slipped and landed on my back or back of my skull....one of these days it's gonna split open like a coconut and then they'll have to feed me oatmeal for breakfast luch and dinner..... What can I say, at least I'm happy doing what I love, and know I can't do it forever.....

I tell ya, you guys are the best, always offering helpful advice.......
    "good luck to kiss a stargazer..."

Congrats on the albie, hookset.

this Am 1 bluefish 6# after a week of non fishing should have stayed in bed

Hey finchaser you cant knock it out of the park every time. At least you got one. I was out last night nomoco 6-8pm looking for fall bass. There were a lot of little blues and baitfish, not one bass. I would have loved it last night if there was some siz pound bluefish.

I know i'm just over tired and grouchy to day

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast