Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I know i'm just over tired and grouchy to day
    Well dark calls you an old grouchy basstard all the time, maybe he has a point. I think we all have our grouchy days. I know I do.

Grouchy keeps away the googs and dillydocks. Good deal.
    Fished moco tonite, 2 bass on plugs. One was short, one was 18#. Mullet all over. Love those mullet running at nite.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Fished moco tonite, 2 bass on plugs. One was short, one was 18#. Mullet all over. Love those mullet running at nite.
    Jigfreak, nice Bass, largest I have heard caught locally lately, and on plugs
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Grouchy keeps away the googs and dillydocks. Good deal.

Outstanding, Jigfreak.
    Find that mullet and you can find a bigger fish...it's like winning the lottery....

There were surf areas in Ocean and Monmouth Counties yesterday that held so much peanuts and mullet the waters were black....unfortunately, there really are less bass around as that didn't always translate to anything substantial for the guys casting to them.

As you showed, there are some bigger bass coming into the mix....the thing is to position yourself in a place where the bait is thickest.....Great work, for those who are out there and trying....

Knowing about those bait balls yesterday in the ocean, at night I set out to try to intercept a bigger fish or 2....
    Fished some of the areas where the mullet had been the thickest, moving along the Coast...

3 hour trip..
    5 separate stops in all....
    By the 3rd stop I began to lose confidence. No action at all for me as I worked all levels of the water column.
    2 more stops and I was done. It was so poor that I couldn't even manage to scare up a stargazer..

Googan central....
    When the fish are there, your whole body is energized, even if ya just land one...
    When they ain't...it becomes an uphill struggle that you aren't likely to win....

Last night....coming in 8 hours after the bait was there, different tide, was one of those nights.
    I only fished 3 hours....
    Toward the end of the trip I was plotting a move 15 miles north or south of where I was, thinking with such a location change, I would surely find some fish....
    But I ran out of energy....

I left without even waiting around for the first light bite....there are times I feel I have exhausted all possibilities for the area I'm in...last night was one of em...hey that's fishing....

At least you tried dark. jigfreak fantastic job on the bass, nice fish! Fished nomoco last night, was casting a light bucktail in the current. Towards the end of the outgoing tide. Got 5 small weakfish and then it stopped at slack.

Tonight released 6 blues 1 was about 9# and 4 bass 5 to 7 pm all on rubber salt and pepper riptide mullet on a jig head

CH way to go on the weakies
    Jig nice 18# fish

marathon man you know who you are

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Great going guys. I fished nomoco after work today. Intense action on the cocktail blues. Lost count after a few dozen, small metal and also plugs but it was easier to unhook them on the metal. Also got a few weakfish on the small plugs right at dark. Small bait running for thier lives all over. It was pretty cool.

This AM 2 Bass released on white Berkley Havoc mullet on a jig head

Steve and all the others who have been out hitting it hard,,,,
    congrats on the outstanding effort...

There are plenty of guys here who are catching and not reporting here, but I have gotten your pics and reports. Thanks, keep up the good work.
    You can't catch fish sitting at home in front of the TV or computer.

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

** note, Finchaser's reports....he's in bad shape....

See the thread on taking the old grouchy basstid fishing....he needs your help, he really does....

Yesterday I took Pebbles fishing after work.
    We wanted to hit the Finchaser pond and try to target some of the 9-10# bluefish.

Unfortunately we were there at a bad tide stage and there was no real activity.

Pebbles outfished me, showing the whole world what a true Googan I am.
    (I think part of it is that I talked to Monty that morning on the phone....I think that WW GOOGAN's skunk tendencies was somehow transmitted over the phone.... )

Actually she is a good and patient caster, and sometimes has the touch that others just can't duplicate.
    If I got her over her fear of rocks, she might out-fish me there as well. So damn proud of that girl.

We didn't catch any bluefish, but she got chopped by one on rubber, and dropped another on a plug we switched to when it started to get dark.
    (Even though I suck, I did give her one of the best producing plugs for that area...Crystal Minnow, so she would have an advantage, as she doesn't get a chance to get out that much anymore....)

The bait was around, peanuts and mullet, but in much smaller quantities, not enough to provoke blitzing conditions.
    The strong South wind didn't help us much in that area either.

The mullet is really starting to move out of the back bays, much quicker than some folks are predicting.

There are 90 days left before the fall fishing will start to shut down.
    There is no guarantee we will have a repeat of last year's unusually robust Winter.

The time to fish is now.
    Whether you catch or not, the opportunity is there.

"There are 90 days left before the fall fishing will start to shut down.
    There is no guarantee we will have a repeat of last year's unusually robust Winter.

The time to fish is now.
    Whether you catch or not, the opportunity is there."

Amen brother, I hear you.
    Got some albies this morning, lots o fun. Crippled herring and hopkins. nomoco

Awesome buckethead. Thanks for the intel.

Way to go bucket head!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

Nice going Buckethead, I tried for them yesterday but they never showed. I try for them again tomorrow.

I did get some small blues. I did see a few small weakies like 9 inched long. look like next year might be a good year for weakies.

Did the boat thing today with 2 newbies what a day
    Spanish mackerel
    False albacore
    weakfish
    bluefish
    20 keeper fluke to 6#

I called the surf shop I fish out of to give a heads up to my friends and within 20 minutes all the guys who were at the shop were into everything but the fluke. I suggested they bring kast masters and Hopkins in 1 and 1 1/2 ounce size as these in my book are tops for Albie's and Spanish when they are feeding on rain fish and small peanuts always out fishes small Ava's. This went on for an hour or so until the weekend warriors arrived at full throttle. Fish were from 25 feet to the beach.

We are not believers in light leader and the super small metal BS, which is the main reason why most surf guys always say I couldn't reach them lures are too small and light.

Nice Pops, real nice.

buckethead and finchaser way to go. I have been getting some medium blues and small bass back in the bay but not too great. The bait back there is way greater than the number of fish we are looking for. Mullet, bunker, small bunker, rainfish, it is loaded. All the harbors, by the jetties, and mostly snappers chasing it. we need that bay to cool some more

Spanish mackerel
    False albacore
    weakfish
    bluefish
    20 keeper fluke to 6#

20 keepers you da man! Great catching.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Pebbles outfished me, showing the whole world what a true Googan I am.
    (I think part of it is that I talked to Monty that morning on the phone....I think that WW GOOGAN's skunk tendencies was somehow transmitted over the phone.... )
    If I got her over her fear of rocks, she might out-fish me there as well. So damn proud of that girl.
    I did give her one of the best producing plugs for that area...Crystal Minnow, so she would have an advantage,
    Great to here Pebbles got out and did some fishing, sounds a little like you are making excuses about her out fishing you....Man up!!!!!
    Maybe I passed the skunk to you....... Rut-Row
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Great report, congrats on the Albies!
    Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Nice going Buckethead, I tried for them yesterday but they never showed. I try for them again tomorrow.
    I'll be out there too, saw some last Sunday, will hope for another shot in the AM.
    Spanish mackerel
    False albacore
    weakfish
    bluefish
    20 keeper fluke to 6#
    Awesome Finchaser!!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast