Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whales in NJ.....

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    i been with chicks bigger than that, lol.
    And you're admitting this on a public board?

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    i been with chicks bigger than that, lol
    Haha,,, you can have em, lol. You'll get no competition from me.

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Haha,,, you can have em, lol. You'll get no competition from me.
    hey dude its called beer goggles, the more u drink the hotter she looks. we all want to get a big girl in the water right? so what's wrong with gettin one in the sack, when the lights are out they all feel the same and the bigger ones try harder

Default whale in Perth Amboy

Never heard of one that far back in the bay, anyone else know of one?

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20090817/NEWS/90817051/UPDATE++Dolphin+spotted+in+Raritan+Bay+in+Perth+Am boy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whale perth amboy 8 2009.jpg  

Default whale is dead

Ijust read it now. I guess once they come up on the beach, it's possible for them to get a lot of damage to their internal organs. Or it could probably have been very sick already, otherwise why would it end up on the beach in the first place?

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic.../NEWS/90818011

Wasn't there another whale recently which beached itself in Monmouth county?

There was one off shinnecock the other day, no beaching, but the guy took a video of it. Pretty cool.

I read about that, what a shame. I know a guy who was in the navy. He claims the reason that there are so many unexplained strandings is that the navy does a lot of sonar testing, and it's classified. When you have a bunch of mammals like that who end up being stranded, it could be a virus in ther body, sure. It could also be something that messed with their sonar, causing them to become disoriented. That's why when they are released, they frequently end up back on the beach. I can't prove any of this, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

Default manatee in Linden

There is a florida Manatee stuck in Linden Oil Refinery area. I think he has been there for a few weeks already. Has anyone seen him?

Rescuers plan to try to move manatee from waters near Linden

By The Associated Press

October 16, 2009, 12:02PM

Getty IimagesA Florida manatee

LINDEN -- A rescue attempt is being planned for Ilya, a Florida manatee stuck near an oil refinery in New Jersey where plunging temperatures and a lack of food are endangering his life.
    The gentle sea cow has been known to marine scientists for 10 years as he made his way up and down the East Coast. He has recently been spotted in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Maryland.

But today he was huddling near an outfall pipe at an oil refinery in Linden, the only place he could find warm water.

he was in lh in the back last week, my buddy saw him

i hope they save him it would be a shame if he dies its a strange thing that u dont see all the time i hope hes ok

Yes, it would be a good "feel good story" to save him (not a lot of that lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i hope they save him it would be a shame if he dies its a strange thing that u dont see all the time i hope hes ok
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

so true we need some feel good stuff

I'm on the fence about this. What about when they save the beached whales, and they beach themselves again? How far is this manatee from home, like 1500 miles? What could have possibly interested it in the backwaters of NJ to swim into the muck at Linden?

I still think they should save it. Just my .02.

I may be mistaken, but i thought this one has traveled up and down the coast before.
    May have mistakenly taken a right turn on the way home (I do that often).

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    I'm on the fence about this. What about when they save the beached whales, and they beach themselves again? How far is this manatee from home, like 1500 miles? What could have possibly interested it in the backwaters of NJ to swim into the muck at Linden?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Looks like they lost him.

Posted: Monday, 19 October 2009 12:51PM

Wildlife Officials Say Manatee Hanging Around NJ Has Disappeared

by KYW's Karin Phillips
    That "lost" manatee off the coast of North Jersey is really lost now. Wildlife officials says the sea cow has disappeared and may be headed south on its own.

We get a lot of manatees in this area each summer -- they travel up the east coast and usually get back to Florida before it gets cold.
    But Chuck Underwood, with the US Fish and Wildlife Service office in Jacksonville, Fla., says that wildlife agencies all along the east coast have been alerted about the missing manatee, last seen in a tributary in northern New Jersey last Friday (see related story).

It's now hoped that the manatee is on its way south on its own, but Underwood says they don't want to take the chance that it hasn't gotten lost again.

Underwood says anyone who thinks they see the manatee should call their nearest wildlife agency:
    "The big thing we would ask people to do is, while we do have plans in place to rescue the animal, we ask you only to report the animal's location. Don't try to do anything to corral the animal or track the animal in any way -- just report the sighting."
    In South Jersey, the number to call would be that of the Marine Mammal Stranding Center: 609-266-0538.

Default Humpback whales down in asbury.

I read that some humpback whales have been spotted in Asbuy yesterday. For the last month they have been sighted. If you have nothing to do with the family a ride to check it out may be in order.

Thanks I looked for them this morning but did not see any.

yep they are feeding on the precious bunker,guess we need a bill or fund to ban whales from the Jersey coast or maybe give them a limit.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast