Thread: What a Real TIDERUNNER looks like!

Default What a Real TIDERUNNER looks like!

Found this video on youtube. They say the weakfish are back but I have never seen or heard of ones this size, they are some real slobs!

Default Re: What a Real TIDERUNNER looks like!

back in the day we livelined adult bunker to fish like that never weighed them cause they were just weakfish

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Hey sharkhart posted that to youtube. Is that the same sharkhart here? Very cool pics. Finchaser you must have seen some monsters back in the day.

Yep especially from the long branch pier at night on large spot or 6 to 10 inch snappers slid down a far casted line on a 3 'leader attached to the line with a #55 duo-lock snap Florida style, 10 to 15 pound weakfish were common on most nights in the late summer and fall.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I've done that off the beach at night for weakies with snappers and mullet early in the morning doesn't traumatize a live bait on the cast.They call them different names basically like a zip line.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

God how I miss those fish. They have come back but nothing like they used to be. Thanks for the LB memories finchaser. Good job sharkhart

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Hey sharkhart posted that to youtube. Is that the same sharkhart here? Very cool pics. Finchaser you must have seen some monsters back in the day.
    It says sharkhart right under the member name. Checked the other videos. Looks like some of the things he has posted here. Nice work sharkhart. Beautiful fish.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    back in the day we livelined adult bunker to fish like that never weighed them cause they were just weakfish
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Yep especially from the long branch pier at night on large spot or 6 to 10 inch snappers slid down a far casted line on a 3 'leader attached to the line with a #55 duo-lock snap Florida style, 10 to 15 pound weakfish were common on most nights in the late summer and fall.

Yeah back then no one cared and they didn't taste that great frozen, but no one really thought about it because they weren't striped bass. Never had a thought that they would disappear like they did. Thanks for the memories finchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I've done that off the beach at night for weakies with snappers and mullet early in the morning doesn't traumatize a live bait on the cast.They call them different names basically like a zip line.
    Or you can do it near an inlet pocket or at the front near slack when the tide slows down. Great old school method surfstix.

Yeah Surfstix I think that is called a breeches rig method or something like that. Good call.

That wasn't so long ago. Those bigger weak fish have vanished. I got one around 6lbs today while fluking but nothing like the ones in the video.

That was one of my first videos even though it wasnt even video yet. Around 2000 they were still thick and the avg size for a May tiderunner was about 6-9 lbs, a 10 lber was like WHooa, First three weeks of May Everyone was out, most people could catch a few, everyone could catch a few then a few years later they started to get bigger and thinner . 12lb became the new "big" Those day light pics were all between 12 and 13lbs, Then a few more years they got thinner and larger again and everyone in my inner circle got one between 14-15 lbs, the crowds were gone, we 'd make a few thousand casts to catch a couple, the spring window lasted 2-4 days, My 3 best Tiderunner spots i didnt see a single bass caught for a few years around that 2000 time period then, bass started to take over and it was common for 10 to 15 bass to be caught by all fishing there on one tide. Then last year my former A spot i was the only one wading in the darkness up to my chest, last man standing and no tiderunners.

I miss em. I think we are still a few years off from a total rebound

Wow nice fish dude! Do you think we will ever see sizes like that again?

SharkHart,

I love those last two pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    That was one of my first videos even though it wasnt even video yet. Around 2000 they were still thick and the avg size for a May tiderunner was about 6-9 lbs, a 10 lber was like WHooa, First three weeks of May Everyone was out, most people could catch a few, everyone could catch a few then a few years later they started to get bigger and thinner . 12lb became the new "big" Those day light pics were all between 12 and 13lbs, Then a few more years they got thinner and larger again and everyone in my inner circle got one between 14-15 lbs, the crowds were gone, we 'd make a few thousand casts to catch a couple, the spring window lasted 2-4 days, My 3 best Tiderunner spots i didnt see a single bass caught for a few years around that 2000 time period then, bass started to take over and it was common for 10 to 15 bass to be caught by all fishing there on one tide. Then last year my former A spot i was the only one wading in the darkness up to my chest, last man standing and no tiderunners.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    I miss em. I think we are still a few years off from a total rebound

Fantastic fish and pics thanks for sharing. Really miss them big mamas.