Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for October 2012. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for October 2012...www.stripersandanglers.com

Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: No Spot Burning! Posts burning spots will be Edited or Deleted.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Hookset,
    you won the plug in the September 2012 random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Slow morning no bait released 2 bluefish 4# on bucktail

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Late on my report. Computer issues. Early sat morning SH 1 bass 27" 8lbs. still swimming.

Great report Mike....

With a few exceptions, many of the NJ bass being caught right now are in the 22" range and similar year class....although yours wasn't a keeper, it's a little different than a 22".....must have put up a decent fight....WTG.....

Night bluefish 10-1-12 Early AM....

Went out last night looking for night bluefish....
    I could not mark or find any bait and was already sensing the trip would be a bust....it was. Worked the water hard for 2 1/2 hours, not even a tap.

I fished nomoco tonight 6-8, one small blue on metal and 5 hickory shad on the teaser. I didn't see any mullet in the surf at all, that v-wake. did see a lot of small bait though, and I mean a LOT!

Day Bluefish 10-1-12 PM

Finished work early yesterday, and went down looking for some of those bigger blues.
    Found a creek area that had some mullet and peanuts pouring out, end of tide.

It was tricky as they were focused almost entirely on bait.
    Managed one fish about every 30-40 casts.....the strike zone was very limited.

All on the magic Finchaser small rubber and very light jighead.
    Total 9 blues to 8#.

Wow guys at least you are catching congrats!

This AM 6 blues to 11 pounds

I wont be able to get out until Sat. Sunday have to do the family thing and pick apples. Sat, nw winds.

thanks for update make sure the apples are ripe and not bruised

Fished last night, trying for a Monty Marathon.
    post #48
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...monty+marathon

Started in the ocean, made 2 stops. One short bass on a Magdarter.
    "Epic" fishing NJ style, October.

Only spent a little time there as I have become addicted to the bigger back bay Night bluefish...
    Went looking, very limited action.
    About one hit for every 50-60 casts.
    Dropped 2 fish, nothing else for me.

Then went to another fall bay spot I was hoping would hold a bass.
    Water was very dirty from the day's wind and rains. Despite that there were quite a few small pods of mullet, peanut bunker, and rainfish coming in on the flood tide.....no real numbers of bass or other large predators under them.

At one point during the night I had a conversation with myself....
    "You mean that you came all the way, drove all these miles and walked all these footsteps, fished all this time.....just for a small bass and a few bluefish hits?"

It was a little humiliating, this conversation I was having with myself...these voices in my head...good thing there were no little voices answering me back.....

Called it quits at 6:30 am, just enough time to get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Fished last night, trying for a Monty Marathon.
    One short bass on a Magdarter.

"Epic" fishing NJ style, October.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    I wont be able to get out until Sat. Sunday have to do the family thing and pick apples. Sat, nw winds.

Like Fin said, thanks for keeping us updated....
    Hurry back, you don't want to miss the outstanding NJ surf bass action we're having so far.....

Picking apples....
    Maybe your wife already picked a spot...lots of folks go to Monroe Twp and S Jersey areas....

In case she didn't make the choice for ya already........here's a place Pebbles and I go every year...IMO it's much more reasonable than all the others....

Riamede Farm, Chester.....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...=apple+picking

regards to the family, bro....

Thanks for the tips.

homemade pie would be nice

Sorry I don't bake. I just make the worlds best pulled pork sammiches and homemade split pea soup. Which you love both. I sure hope the fish start to come around soon because we are talking about apples and soup on the fishing report thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    I sure hope the fish start to come around soon because we are talking about apples and soup on the fishing report thread.
    If you throw mullet when they'e in front of you and the fish are feeding on them, you can catch all the bluefish you can carry. If you throw plugs and fish for 8-9 hours at a clip you are likely to land one schoolie bass or other interesting fish. Hell, even Monty got fish on his last trip out....fishing has to be off the charts for that to happen....

As for the consistency, as mentioned, when the surf is loaded with bait we should see fish. That is not happening for a lot of folks. I don't feel bad reporting a skunk, or only one fish. because many right now are having similar results. Catching more than one involves being in a place where there are both bait and fish. That is most likely to happen where the concentrations of bait are highest, and usually the only places I'm finding fish at night for the last month.

And don't feel bad about reporting your skunks, folks....even the Mighty Finchaser gets blanked. Anyone who claims they catch fish every outing, from land, or...... "I only got skunked once this year" is probably lying.

^^Rip.....Man you are some piece of work, Aint cha?
    I dropped of that homemade canned hot olive oil with chili and garlic,,,and those homemade pickled tomatoes.,......and you didn't even pass me one pullled pork sammich for my NJ skunk trips?
    Couldn't even hook a brother up wit a nice sammich.....
    I'm at a loss for words here....that is so sad,,,,,,

Next time I make it I will drop some off. Sorry but, I just dont have pulled pork sammiches laying around. Usually when I make them I don't keep leftovers for a month to give to my friends you dillydock. Lmao

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast