Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    Fished route 36 Water was dirty
    Snagged a stop sign ....
    saw some bait by a gasation but nothing on them
    Jigged a alley way .. some fast moving water .. nothing
    thought I saw a swirl ...might have been a drain
    Good try madcaster. I hear clams is the way to go in a noreaster. Next time try trolling a clambrella rig down Rt 36. You will catch.

Hope everyone is doing OK, lots must be out of power as its been quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Hope everyone is doing OK, lots must be out of power as its been quiet.
    Glad to see your OK. Hope you maded thru this with out any issues. Just got my power back alittle earlier today.

I hope all of you are safe, and ok. can't wait to all of us being back to normal.

Dark and Finchaser are without power otherwise doing OK.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Same here. The fuel is the issue. Staying at my brothers in Westfield for now. Tired of puttin gas in the generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dark and Finchaser are without power otherwise doing OK.
    dark /rip are ok talked to them today dark said fins ok and yes i am still here lol
    hople all are doing ok and are safe

Hope its not too soon to talk fishing, But i figured minimally I d be putting my truck through $10 worth of tolls I packed no food or drinks like i usually do, and bought locally, and even topped off the gas locally , I headed to Ocean city which was less affected then some areas, was on the bay side which is totally fine without any restrictions and life seems to be going normally there with many people out and about, the areas seem to be powered up.

The surprise I didn't expect was an incredible bite, I didn't know what to expect from the storm but the fleet was in big time. Mostly small but fat fish to 26" but a few to 30", many the former "slot" size, Mad stupid total numbers I won't even say. The crazy part was many many wouldn't hit, would pop on bait and not hit the lures. Fishing gets your mind of the troubles, and i don't know for certain what this will mean for other areas, but the fall run was on where i was.

Soon as everyone gets back to normal, life might include some stripes

Hope its not too soon to talk fishing, But i figured minimally I d be putting my truck through $10 worth of tolls I packed no food or drinks like i usually do, and bought locally, and even topped off the gas locally , I headed to Ocean city which was less affected then some areas, was on the bay side which is totally fine without any restrictions and life seems to be going normally there with many people out and about, the areas seem to be powered up.
    That's great Shark. There is nothing wrong with it. As long as we help out those in need and we are not selfish. The sooner that everyone gets back to normal the better, that how the economy gets started again, and that is our way to relieve the stresses we are all going thru. I'm worried about the beach access from sandy hook to LBI. I'm even looking to Long island far rockaway area also. If the fall doesn't happen I will head north and do some cod fishing this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    That's great Shark. There is nothing wrong with it. As long as we help out those in need and we are not selfish. The sooner that everyone gets back to normal the better, that how the economy gets started again, and that is our way to relieve the stresses we are all going thru. I'm worried about the beach access from sandy hook to LBI. .
    What Vpass said, great to see you got into some great action Sharkhart.
    I agree Vpass, just might not be anywhere to fish.
    If that's what it is so be it, what ever is best to help the people who were effected by Sandy.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

If things don't improve up north as this fall progresses, i'm open to meeting guys down south.

i am so glad just got power back lost all my food in the house and lost the last of the bluefish i had just glad u guys are ok i will try and get out and fish the river i hope the fish are there just have to give it a try

hope you and your families stay safe

That has to be tough living through that. Hang in there all

finely got power yesterday.now its snowing like crazy what next.hope everyone is ok.

i have had it bad weather or not water looks bad things a little slow i am going to wet a line this weekend so fish or no fish i am going to be out i dont care how bad it looks

The surprise I didn't expect was an incredible bite, I didn't know what to expect from the storm but the fleet was in big time. Mostly small but fat fish to 26" but a few to 30", many the former "slot" size, Mad stupid total numbers I won't even say. The crazy part was many many wouldn't hit, would pop on bait and not hit the lures. Fishing gets your mind of the troubles, and i don't know for certain what this will mean for other areas, but the fall run was on where i was.

Soon as everyone gets back to normal, life might include some stripes

Awesome report shark. I want to try to get out fishing just to wet a line. Dont care if I catch or not. Glad everyone is checking in and ok. I have been texting back and forth with dark he still doesn't have power yet, seemed a little down in the dumps today. Hang in there brother! Can't be long now.

Well my bite survived a hurricane but not a Noreaster, got out last two nights only to find a few rats and searched some other near by areas to find nothing but dead water all around. The large numbers of bass I saw a week ago were flushed from the Bay.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910