Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Next time I make it I will drop some off. Sorry but, I just dont have pulled pork sammiches laying around. Usually when I make them I don't keep leftovers for a month to give to my friends you dillydock. Lmao

Yeah but you know the conditions of the food I usually eat....laying around for a month just gives it texture.

Hey if yous are giving home cooked food away don't forget about your old pal Bababooey.

Sorry I don't bake. I just make the worlds best pulled pork sammiches and homemade split pea soup. Which you love both. I sure hope the fish start to come around soon because we are talking about apples and soup on the fishing report thread.

Apples and soup. I like apple pie rip316 if you are making some please put me down for a piece.
    Fished nomoco in the fog for an hour this morning., Incoming tide, 6-7. 2 cocktail bluefish on a ava and teaser. Fish hit the teaser. lots of small bait

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm at a loss for words here....
    Never happen. Not possible, not in a million years.
    Fished the park this morning, even dozen small blues on ss poppers. Rip put me down for a piece of apple pie if you're taking orders. Do you do any other pies besides apple?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Never happen. Not possible, not in a million years.
    X2. i wonder what would happen if he went away to a monastery or some other place where you are not allowed to speak.

As I stated, I do not bake but, I can cook up some really good stuff. For appetizers for last sundays football games I made rebaked potatoes and fishcakes made with bluefish. I believe 30 each and they didn't last too long. Finchaser can attest to my pulled pork and split pea soup. Nothing like good hearty home cooked food. Sorry if I made you guys hungry, maybe I should put a sign on my truck and sell soup while driing the beach at ibsp during the bass run. Maybe I would make some cash. Lol.

Sorry to hear you don't do pies rip. I think if you were putting signs on your truck, Rip the Pie Man has a much better ring to it than Rip the Pulled Pork and Split Pea Soup Man.

Picked up a few low teen fish in the surf this week on swimmers. one bass each time out, hour before sunrise, swimmers and sp. moco. Been out 7 times, only caught fish 3x. Rip I like pies will take an apple. Do you deliver.

Hey jigfreak what flavor(color) SP do you score best with been having a discussion with DS

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished nomoco. one bass and 1 small blue on yellow chicken scratch bomber.

This AM released 3 bass and a bluefish all on bucktails

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Another Monty Marathon last night.....

Made 5 separate stops in the ocean looking for bass. Managed one short bass on Mag Darter, one dropped fish on SP. 2 hours of intense casting, that was the best I could come up with.

Went to the back to see if some bluefish were around. In the last 24 hours a lot of mullet had been staging to leave, and it became apparent last night that maybe they had left that area. The bluefish that were left were popping on small bait, probably rainfish or grass shrimp. Very picky and very frustrating to have feeding fish that wouldn't hit what I was throwing. Even my smallest rubber and lightest smallest bucktails didn't get touched.

Finally managed 2 medium bluefish on a Daiwa DSM. (the smaller version of the SP). 3 hours of casting for those 2 bluefish.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    This AM released 3 bass and a bluefish all on bucktails
    Another Monty Marathon last night.....
    Managed one short bass on Mag Darter, one dropped fish on SP. 2 hours of intense casting, that was the best I could come up with.
    Finally managed 2 medium bluefish on a Daiwa DSM. (the smaller version of the SP). 3 hours of casting for those 2 bluefish.

Congrats on the fish guys, Dark fishing hard for them .
    I'm looking forward to a few mini marathons (~7 hours OTW) hopefully fishing 6 out of 9 days starting Sunday AM around 3:30. Will be nice to get out there on a bit of a consistent basis for the week .
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post

I'm looking forward to a few mini marathons (~7 hours OTW) hopefully fishing 6 out of 9 days starting Sunday AM around 3:30. Will be nice to get out there on a bit of a consistent basis for the week .
    Monty, call me, I am oin to take the day off Monday and maybe you, me and Cardoc can hook up. I will bring the tea and cardoc will bring the crumpets. Lol. Seriously, contact me, its been too long. I promise not to fall asleep on the beach again. Hahhahahahaha

Monty, call me, I am oin to take the day off Monday and maybe you, me and Cardoc can hook up. I will bring the tea and cardoc will bring the crumpets. Lol. Seriously, contact me, its been too long. I promise not to fall asleep on the beach again. Hahhahahahaha

Crumpets???? I'm in!!!
    Will give ya a call Saturday, looking forward to it already.

Crumpets???? I'm in!!!
    Will give ya a call Saturday, looking forward to it already.
    Awesome, maybe we can take a ride to NY and mug Surstix. Or we can follow Darkskies to mug Finchaser. Lol. Heading out in a few, will report back later.

Fished this morning 5 til til 730 with Cardoc Moco jetty area. Pletny of small bait around but no fish. Did not see one rod bend.

^^ Rip while you were posting that I was fishing on the night shift. Stopped for a bit looking for the bluefish. Saw some bait and decided to stay. That was probably a poor decision, because in 2 hours of casting I got nothing. I really think that with the mullet thinning out that back bay big bluefish bite on artificials is dead, unless some other baitfish move in to take their place.....

Ran out of energy and didn't make it to the ocean. Couldn't even make it home, had to crash in the car. I was sleepin when ya called me, sorry if I was crabby.

This whole lot of fishing for mostly nothing is getting old.
    Even the old timers I talked to hanging at the beach club the other day are getting tired of not seeing any real numbers of fish.

If you are throwing mullet, or bunker heads, or eels in strategic areas right now you may get some decent fish when the bait concentrations are high. There is also a general feed 1 hour before sunrise, but as you guys found out today ya can't even count on that....and where you were, at least one person should have nailed a bass....
    Things are spotty, unless fishin in Finchaser's private pond...
    that's NJ fishing at it's finest, for right now......

It's making me think about taking the kayak out at night. You have a better chance of finding these scattered fish if you can cover more area over the water.

Thanks, it's up to you to carry on with the Marathons...I'm getting damn tired of the lack of action in NJ. Remember, there are hundreds of stargazers and exotic sea creatures out there just waiting for a Monty Meal.....

(Rip caught a huge stargazer today, apparently the star-gazer blitzes are starting.)

I promise not to fall asleep on the beach again. Hahhahahahaha
    I think it's not a good idea for ya to make promises that ya can't keep........Maybe Monty can bring an extra dozen of those energy drinks, just for you....

Crumpets???? I'm in!!!
    Bunch of freaking girl scouts and dillydocks, ya's are.....

Rip, I think it's not a good idea for ya to make promises that ya can't keep........Maybe Monty can bring an extra dozen of those energy drinks, just for you....
    Dark, you know the one thing I am pretty good at is being prepared.
    Rip should have no problem staying awake this time.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Energy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	15540

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast