Thread: Plastic swimmers: Differences, what works when

Hybrid View

Default Re: Plastic swimmers: Differences, what works when

Plastics-they're in the bag, used sometimes. Rebel 4" & 5 1/2", calm water, favorable breeze. Casted parallel to beach/in the trough. 7" Rebel sinker(or simulars), heavier action water and current, good sweeps. Bombers/Redfins- mostly calmer water, decent sweep. There's plenty of others, they are tried, but not overworked. The water activity will dictate their use, or not.

Anyone know who made/makes the top lure?
    Caught a small bass with it earlier this week (and of course also missed one), can't remember where I got it from.
    The bottom is a red fin.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

mambo minnow

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    mambo minnow
    Thank you Finchaser, was my first time using a Mambo. They still made?.

^ You can get them on ebay, guy. here you go. I like them and the mega-bait when the small bait is around. I think the mega baits are harder to get though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Gags-Grabb...-/261046419934

This is some advice I gave the other day.....

I was doing OK on the x-rap in the Winter when the herring were around. I found other plugs to be better when the fish were on top, but on nights where the swell was big and the surf was nasty with a fast duration, IMO something that stays on top is not really in the strike zone long enough to pass where the fish are.

On those nights, when a bottle plug or NB bottle darter didn't work, I always had an x-rap with me.....Sometimes I would have to throw that one plug for 1-2 hours, just blind casting, but it did pay off with mid teen to bigger fish.

The beginning of the mullet run, the mullet were smaller, and a better profile to match that has been the SP.

However, some of ya's may have noticed that while there are not a lot of mullet left, the ones left behind tend to be bigger...7" up to corncob size...

I would say if you are out in the next few days,,,bring that X-Rap plug with you.
    It's something you have to believe in, as often it seems futile, casting and casting....but now that the migratory fish are starting to show up, this plug is a great choice in rough surf, or when you are fishing current and the fish do not seem to be feeding on top, or visible.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    ^ You can get them on ebay, guy. here you go. I like them and the mega-bait when the small bait is around. I think the mega baits are harder to get though.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Gags-Grabb...-/261046419934
    Thanks 7DP, the Mambo saved me from the skunk today again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I would say if you are out in the next few days,,,bring that X-Rap plug with you.
    It's something you have to believe in, as often it seems futile, casting and casting....but now that the migratory fish are starting to show up, this plug is a great choice in rough surf, or when you are fishing current and the fish do not seem to be feeding on top, or visible.
    That believing thing is not easy...(its like what came first, the chicken or the egg (believing in something without success)....not sure that's a good comparison). I threw one a little this past week and will continue to at the very least carry one.