Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports July 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

Default NJ fishing reports July 2017 www.stripersandanglers.com

4 to 6:30 AM released 14 bass to 12# all on Chartreuse Kettle Creeks and 1 ounce jig head
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    4 to 6:30 AM released 14 bass to 12# all on Chartreuse Kettle Creeks and 1 ounce jig head
    Hey YOU, get off my dock! lol

Nice catch

Loaded up on porgies > 10" (a lot of smaller ones mixed in on this trip) and then when we had enough we went and did a little wreck exploring. Nice mixed catches of triggerfish, blackfish, black sea bass, ling, porgies and some big ocean pout to keep things interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170704_172319.jpg  

jb and fc you guys must be fishing in an aquarium. Just kidding, I'm slightly jealous. Kudos to you for putting in the time.

Lots of little bait and baby sea bass showed up in OC. Tried last night, got one decent schoolie about 9lbs. Went out tonight and only got one small one, undersized. About 5 minutes before I was getting ready to bail, got a massive hit, serious rod bend. Was not paying attention, dropped that sucker. Came back without teeth marks. All on rubber, light jigs.

Stripers still around? Nice going gents.

Jbarbosa you got some nice baseball bat size ling in that pile, wtg.

Fished 1 to 3 a.m. incoming tide. One striper, a few small cocktails, and a couple big sea robbins on a MAG Darter. Moco. Fin Chaser and Barbosa you guys are doing great. Love those reports they are an inspiration.

X2 congrats on the great catches. I don't know how you guys are doing it. I fished some decent waters last night on the outgoing tide. Good moving tide and water was pretty clean. Only a few small cocktails nipping at my plugs. If you're not fishing for fluke or on a boat, It's like the desert out there I'm telling you!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Hey YOU, get off my dock! lol

Nice catch
    Haha is he fishing from your dock where you keep your boat? Details details. Gps coords of the fin Chaser fishing pond?

Outstanding catches gents.

Good going fellas. Have not fished in awhile. Stuck at work today and its pouring rain outside. Just checked the beach cams and the ocean looks mighty tasty. Very cloudy and white water. Perfect bass water as John from B&N likes to say. So where are all the stripers? Or big blues for that matter?

Better surfing than fishing weather this time of year. JMO, cause I like to surf.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Haha is he fishing from your dock where you keep your boat? Details details. Gps coords of the fin Chaser fishing pond?

Nope where water goes in and out

.Had an hour to kill after work stopped by a spot in NoMoCo on the way home..730 till 845..went 3 for 4 on little bass using sand crabs in the wash...smaller fish..biggest was about 20in dropped 1 in the wash that was better looked about 24in..not bad for an hour...
    Nice reports fellas....Felt nice to get a tug on the line...it seems they have been few and far between this season!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170707_213647_628-600x743.jpg  

Fished the 2nd Annual King of the Creek fluke tournament out of Morgan creek with Alex Obolsky, Rui Goncalves, and Kevin Kolovich.

With tough fluke fishing in and around Raritan Bay we decided to dedicate the entire trip to a known big fish spot that produces quality over quantity.

Our three biggest fish were good enough to take 3rd place for the second year in a row weighing in at 6.3, 5.8 and 2.9lbs.

Only had 4 keepers, releasing two NJ sized keepers and about 6 other shorts on the day.

We had a great time and will be back next year hoping to place again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Fi

shed the 2nd Annual King of the Creek fluke tournament out of Morgan creek with Alex Obolsky, Rui Goncalves, and Kevin Kolovich.

With tough fluke fishing in and around Raritan Bay we decided to dedicate the entire trip to a known big fish spot that produces quality over quantity.

Our three biggest fish were good enough to take 3rd place for the second year in a row weighing in at 6.3, 5.8 and 2.9lbs.

Only had 4 keepers, releasing two NJ sized keepers and about 6 other shorts on the day.

We had a great time and will be back next year hoping to place again.

You did good JB Hard eight is a friend of mine and a charter boat

Have been catching a few small stripers here and there. Mostly not catching. The beach replenishment turned a lot of my favorite places into a sterile desert. Such a shame. Also, one of the sub legal fish I got last week had some sores or type of myco. Be careful if you run into this. You don't want to get it in an open wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    .Had an hour to kill after work stopped by a spot in NoMoCo on the way home..730 till 845..went 3 for 4 on little bass using sand crabs in the wash...smaller fish..biggest was about 20in dropped 1 in the wash that was better looked about 24in..not bad for an hour...
    Nice reports fellas....Felt nice to get a tug on the line...it seems they have been few and far between this season!!
    Agree 100%. My fishing is way off this season and I am fishing at prime time usually before and into sunrise. Good going on the mole crabs. Floating mole crabs and calicos has often helped me scratch out one or two keepers during a hot summer when it seems they won't hit anything else.

This morning a medley of juvenile fish

3 micro bass
    2 tailor blues
    1 really short fluke

4:30 to 6:30 all on jig and rubber tail

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast