Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sandy Hook access?

God bless NY open those sewers after a heavy rain save money been going on for years

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Some of the towns along the Raritan Bay Shore have been known to do that too. That's why I stopped fishing there.

A few buds were up at Sandy Hook. I think it was last Wednesday and they said about 9 cars and trucks got broken into. Just a heads up guys, be careful out there at night. Lots of strange things happen in the dark.

It used to be a lot safer until they made the ranger cuts. That's why I rarely fish or get the night pass up there.

Heads up, case anyone fishing today-

"Navy to Conduct Controlled Detonation at Sandy Hook

Naval Weapons Station Earle’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team is scheduled to conduct a controlled detonation Saturday morning of unexploded military ordnance that recently washed ashore at Sandy Hook Unit of Gateway National Recreation Area.

The detonation may cause ground shaking and considerable noise coming from the park. This noise may be louder and travel farther during overcast weather.

As a safety precaution, members of the general public will not have access to the park until 1 p.m.

The mission of EOD Mobile Unit 12, Detachment Earle is to recover and render safe unexploded ordnance. As the area's closest Mobile EOD team, they routinely respond to reports of ordnance washing ashore at the park.

“Unexploded ordnance are not uncommon at Gateway’s Sandy Hook Unit. Not only was Fort Hancock an active military base until 1974, but this site was also the proving ground of the U.S. Army from 1874 until 1919,” said Jen Nersesian, Gateway’s superintendent. “Public safety is our first concern, which is why we are closing the park during the detonation.”

They are paving many of the SH parking lots. Had a talk with the foreman today. Will try to get done by memorial day. He said they would be doing it for a few months. Access is restricted while paving.

FYI went out to bug light the other day it is is closed. Talked to a ranger. Told me it is because of fishermen abuse.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678