It goes without saying that some fishermen are very generous, giving, and compassionate.
These are the ones who have stood up to help others.

However, we continue to be plagued, as a group, by bad apples who are selfish and inconsiderate of others......

*The ones who go to the beach, fishing bait, and leave their containers there instead of bringing them home or walking the extra 300' to a trash can.

* The ones who go fishing and drink while they do, leaving empty bottles piled up near the trash cans
Note, when I did research for the Brookhaven/Shoreham historic test case, (post #13)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ham+beach+pics

I found out that mostly the people who did this were the local teens, who don't fish but come down to the beaches to hang out, so please understand my comments in this context

* The ones who feel it is their right, as protected by the Public Trust Doctrine, to fish any beach they please.

* The ones who feel it is their right to cross "No trespassing" Zones that are clearly marked.
(Note - I realize there is some ambiguity with these areas now that Sandy has hit... there are many areas that have barriers, but no clear signs........)

* The ones who feel it is OK to urinate on private property......

* Or take a dump on beach club property....
(Note, this happened again at the Allenhurst Beach Club Cabanas...shortly after the hurricane....the only people down at those beaches at that early time were homeowners and fishermen)

* The ones who feel it is OK to tresspass into Private property, use the Priests' bathroom, and then argue with the priest when caught
(Note, this happened to St Alphonse Retreat sometime around 2009, and fishermen have been banned from their parking lot since then)

* The ones who feel it is ok to dump their coffee cups, or soda/energy drink cans, on the rocks when they are fishing because they don't feel like carrying them to the trash can.

* And the ones who leave jetties littered with braid, terminal tackle, and other fishermen garbage instead of putting it in their pockets and taking it home with them.