Thread: Kayaking the Connecticut River

Default Kayaking the Connecticut River

Found this on the wavewalk forum www.wavewalk.com. Thought it was pretty cool. Congrats to the lady angler, she really did well that day.

http://wavewalk.com/blog/2012/05/23/...-by-rox-davis/
    Catching Stripers Standing Up In My Motorized W Kayak, By Rox Davis

Posted on May 23, 2012 by W kayak

Epic, That’s what this day was……Epic.
    I took the W500 out for my first solo Striper fishing on the Connecticut River In Windsor Locks, CT.
    My buddy Mike was already on the water, I launched at 12:00 noon.
    I took the 1.2hp Gamefisher outboard since I knew I could count on it running well.

My first slam came at 12:25, but the fish came unbuttoned.
    I was drifting and casting my top water lure and working it slowly back to the W500, when BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fish on, and it’s a big one………………..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ
    Off goes the drag, and the sleigh ride began.

It was an awesome Battle, she circled me twice, and shot up river, still towing me ………….. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
    I start to tire her, and get her yak side, went to grip the lip with my boga, and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ she wasn’t ready.
    Now she is tired, I get her yak side one more time, reach with the bogas ………… and SHE IS MINE!!!!!
    You could here me hooting for miles I’m sure.

29” Fat and Healthy, 14 1/2 lbs of fighting fury.
    Many more Battles happened after that.
    Today was one of the Best Fishing Days of my LIFE!!
    I landed 3 keepers, and 9 smaller Stripers.

I had some awesome blow ups, and Lost 4 Bigger Stripers, but That’s okay, that’s why its called fishing.
    I can’t Thank You enough Yoav, for this wonderful yak, The W500 Rules the water.
    Tight Lines and MoPaddle Safe All.
    Rox

This entry was posted in fishing kayaks, kayak fishing, Motorized kayaks and tagged connecticut, Connecticut river,

Default Re: Kayaking the Connecticut River

Beautiful fish. I heard that river has fish year round. She is real lucky to be able to fish it.

Default Re: Kayaking the Connecticut River

Fantastic fishing in that wavewalker. I think that's one of the only kayaks you can stand up in without a pontoon.