Thread: Keeping Healthy during the Flu season

Default Keeping Healthy during the Flu season

This is the deadliest flu season in years. Thought it might help to talk about some flu preverntion tips.

Get a flu shot.
    Get plenty of rest.
    Any more?

Default Re: Keeping Healthy during the Flu season

I'm anti flu-shot, just don't trust them.
    Try to stay away from sick people. Which is tough, more than half the people I work with have been sick in the past few months, and most show up to work while sick for a day or two.
    I am on a pretty healthy streak, nothing more than a slightly runny nose for 2+ years...Very lucky... and unusual for me.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

​From CDC

Avoid close contact.

Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
    2. Stay home when you are sick.

If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
    3. Cover your mouth and nose.

Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
    4. Clean your hands.

Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
    5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.

Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
    6. Practice other good health habits.

Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.

When I go into a public place during flu season I don't touch the door knobs with my hands. Use napkin or sweater sleeve to open them.