Thread: SFE survey

Default SFE survey

Stripers Forever members - this is an important time in striped bass management. Clearly the striper resource is in great jeopardy, and we must do our best to stand up for this fish that means so much to all of us. Here are a few things that you can do to help:

1. Go to this LINK and fill out SF's annual fishing survey. We use this information to make it clear to fishery managers how anglers perceive the health of the fishery, and what they think should be done about it. It only takes a minute, and it costs you nothing, please participate.

2. Go to the SF home page at www.stripersforever.org and see the auction items listed there under General News on the right side of the home page. We have a superb, original watercolor painting by the well-known and highly-regarded John Swan, and a collection of books and vintage striper plugs from the halcyon Block Island surfcasting period of the 1980s. Amazingly, no one has stepped up to the plate yet for either of these great items.

3. SF is winding down its annual campaign for financial support from our members. If you believe in our efforts to conserve striped bass please do what you can financially to help us pay for website development, communications material, and our lobbying expenses in MA. You can contribute by credit card at the Donate Now button on the left side of our home page, or send us a check at:

Stripers Forever PO Box 2781, South Portland, ME 04116-2781

Please send, only what you can comfortably afford, but become part of the solution.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Re: SFE survey

I took the survey. The only complaint I have is that they assume commercial fishing will stop, and that bass stamps we pay extra for will help support the buyout. That will never happen in this lifetime. I do think the rest of the survey was ok, though. Would be interesting to see what the final results are. Thanks finchaser.

If it becomes a game fish it will that is why commercial fishing doesn not legally exist in NJ,that is what they are all about

I agree with hooked on bass. I would not pay for a bass stamp. The nj registry I believe will eventually not be free any more. if i have to I will pay for that but not for a bass stamp. My issue with that is Idon't trust the gov't. If they have us paying for bass stamps what is to stop them from making us pay extra to fish for sea bass, tog,or fluke?

I still filled the survey in anyway. Like hook, I would really like to see the final results as well. Done.

Done, thanks finchaser.

did it thanks. Finchaser just as an fyi and not meaning to argue they now have limited commercial fishing for bass in LI. I don't agree with it and I am with you we should make stripers a gamefish nationwide. I really don't think this can ever be with the commercial interests being so powerful. just my .02 and thanks for posting.

Your right Pallone's bill to make bass a game fish has been in congress since the early 80's when it became a gamefish in NJ which is the only gamefish state in the US todate.

Done. thank you for caring finchaser.