Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2013

Hybrid View

Default Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2013

Anyone who wants to post a kayak report or any intel that can benefit the yakkers..feel free to post up....

Default Re: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2013

A friend of mind was out in the Sound 2-14....for a Winter kayak trip. He caught nothing, but he just had to get out there......Nice going, Cheech, thanks for sending the pics.....
    (pics courtesy of Cheech )

"A beautiful day on the water. The fishing was slow, salvaged this gear off the pier and pilings."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIS1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	16443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIS3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	16442

Name:	LIS2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	16444

God it had to be cold out there! Looks like he had a wetsuit on so maybe it was not so bad

X2 Too cold to be in that water unless you surf in it too. You should call him ironman.

^ Buckethead, funny you should think that. He and his wife participate in Marathons. I think he has done a few TriAthlons as well. He's older than me and in amazing shape. He can catch more fish from that paddle yak than someone fishing side by side with a pedal yak. He's been to Montauk in the yak many times, and I would say he is pretty tough...with a keen focus on safety.

He was out again on the 25th..

Report and pics courtesy of Cheech....

Name:	2-25-13 a.jpg 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	16545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-25-13 b.jpg 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	16546

Name:	2-25-13 c.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	16547

"Launched into sheet ice early this morning. After 75 yrd it was mostly clear sailing. No fish, but, I'm mostly out here to paddle on a nice day."

Nice report i bet he felt good just to be out in the sun

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

19 bass on the kayak mostly nice sized healthy keeper fish around 10-15lbs. One or two may have been a little heavier.

I got 10 in the boat on shads, Sebile magic swimmer, and sluggos. White and fast was the key.

My brother got 9 mostly on 4" shad and a few on 6" shad.

We must have lost another dozen that were not hooked well and countless hits.

Pics to come later.

Holy smokes Barbosa you found the pot o gold. Is there any Irish blood in your family?
    Nice work dude way to go. fished the ocean for 2 hours around sunset tonight managed 2 bass to 26" white bomber. Things are looking up my first bass from the ocean this Spring.

Outstanding work jb, did you fish the whole outgoing tide? Pretty warm today the bay shot up 10 degrees guess the aggression of the fish proved that.

Great pics J Barbosa, congrats on the catching.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I fished the bay last night 10-12 midnight incoming tide. 2 short bass on clams.
    Wow John looks like you guys had an awesome time. Great job! About how far off the beach would you say you were?

Jbarbosa crushing the bass nice work.
    Hit the ocean in moco from 5-7 this morning. Last of the outgoing tide. Managed one 27 1/2" bass, clams, released.

Outstanding report John Nice to see brothers fishing together. Last time you mentioned you beat him trout fishing. this time looks like you won too. If he is your little brother maybe you want to let him win once in a while too, or give him some pointers to equalize things. I always enjoy your reports and see that you both have a great time out there. Lots of enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing.

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

On Saturday my brother and I took a buddy out for his first kayak voyage ever. We headed into the bay to look for all the big bluefish that have been around and sure enough since I invited a friend along not even one bluefish showed up for our party. A lot of happy bunker around thanks to those prominent winds we have been having. We also tried for fluke but came up empty handed.

On Sunday the three of us headed to a different location where we picked at short fluke until a school of nice sized weakfish decided to show up and save our day. Most were cookie cuter fish in the 16-18" range with one bigger fish in the mix.

Took the kayaks out yesterday and both my brother and a friend had brand new shiny 2013 Hobies.

Got to the water early in the morning and the fog was so thick you could barely see the 30' yacht moving 20 yards away. We took our time to unload the kayaks and rig everything and waited for the fog to start thinning.

Once the wind shifted the fog thinned and we launched staying a few feet from the shore line. About 15 minutes later the fog was completely gone and we moved into the channels and drifted for fluke. Right away the croakers show up along with some fluke. Barley into our first drift I saw a few birds working far out so we decided to go check it out.

Get there and its bluefish practically everywhere feeding on the surface in only 6-8 feet of water. We had double and triple hookups for over 3-4 hours all mixed sizes but most were smaller in the 5-10lb size and some pushed 10lbs.

I still have no clue as to what they were feeding on. I didn't see any bait and none of them spit anything up. My best guess is that they are feeding on all the croakers that are around.

I have some great footage of my brother trying to keep a pencil popper away from the bluefish but unfortunately the video clearly gives away where we were fishing so I won't be posting it.

With our arms tired we decided to leave the blues and try for some fluke...buddy managed a 22" fluke and then we called it quits.

So much for all the bluefish being offshore

First cast out there I did manage to open up another 5H Rasco split ring...this is starting to get old really quick.

On Saturday my brother and I took a buddy out for his first kayak voyage ever. We headed into the bay to look for all the big bluefish that have been around and sure enough since I invited a friend along not even one bluefish showed up for our party. A lot of happy bunker around thanks to those prominent winds we have been having. We also tried for fluke but came up empty handed.

On Sunday the three of us headed to a different location where we picked at short fluke until a school of nice sized weakfish decided to show up and save our day. Most were cookie cuter fish in the 16-18" range with one bigger fish in the mix.

Took the kayaks out yesterday and both my brother and a friend had brand new shiny 2013 Hobies.

Got to the water early in the morning and the fog was so thick you could barely see the 30' yacht moving 20 yards away. We took our time to unload the kayaks and rig everything and waited for the fog to start thinning.

Once the wind shifted the fog thinned and we launched staying a few feet from the shore line. About 15 minutes later the fog was completely gone and we moved into the channels and drifted for fluke. Right away the croakers show up along with some fluke. Barley into our first drift I saw a few birds working far out so we decided to go check it out.

Get there and its bluefish practically everywhere feeding on the surface in only 6-8 feet of water. We had double and triple hookups for over 3-4 hours all mixed sizes but most were smaller in the 5-10lb size and some pushed 10lbs.

I still have no clue as to what they were feeding on. I didn't see any bait and none of them spit anything up. My best guess is that they are feeding on all the croakers that are around.

I have some great footage of my brother trying to keep a pencil popper away from the bluefish but unfortunately the video clearly gives away where we were fishing so I won't be posting it.

With our arms tired we decided to leave the blues and try for some fluke...buddy managed a 22" fluke and then we called it quits.

First cast out there I did manage to open up another 5H Rasco split ring...this is starting to get old really quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast