Thread: Company Profile: Super Strike Lures and the Fish they Catch

Hybrid View

Default Re: LI Pride......LI Modern Fishing tackle and gear Manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    X2 that is a dynamite bass finder.
    I like throwing them with a decent chop in the surf, 2-4 foot waves.
    Find a seam and worked slow with a nice commotion on top.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^ Definitely agree with you on that. SS littleneck .I like using them right before a noreaster. When the water is still clean but just on the edge of getting nasty. Pop at a good clip not slow. The fish will sometimes come clear out of the water to hit it. Nice healthy fish there monty.

I have all the North Bar Bottle Darters & plenty of Donny's SS darters. Northbar is better than Super Strikes rattling swimmer. Some believe the rattles spook Bass & attract blue fish
    On a 50 bass day in MTK Donny & I fished together & talked darters, his swimmer vs Larry Welcome's bottle plug.
    Musso's darter runs shallower than Larry's. Larry's NB has way better action & is clutch is a heavy current or medium sized surf. Lass than 5 ft waves
    I use both but toss northbar darters first.

The Super Strike little neck poppers are my favorite. I swim 3oz one slow on top at night. I would buy the new Heavy 2 3/4 little neck popper over the older 2 3/8 version.
    The needle fish are fantastic too!
    You cant argue with a 77 year old who fishes shoulder to shoulder with you in MTK for hours & racks up 40 plus bass! Donny's lures are great!
    I wish they made a better version of the SP minnow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adam in opening credits MTK.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	16477

Field and stream named the ss littleneck one of the top 25 surf lures of all time.

Super Strike LittleNeck Popper

The mark of a truly great plug is versatility, but that’s generally not an attribute of popping plugs. The Super Strike Little Neck Popper is an exception.
    In addition to working extremely well as traditional surface popper, the Little Neck can also be used as a swimming plug. With a slow, steady retrieve, it kicks from side to side right at the surface like a metal-lip swimmer. The difference between the Little Neck Popper and a metal-lip, however, is that metal-lips catch the wind and tumble during the cast, while the LittleNeck Popper flies through the air like a dart, easily reaching sandbars or rips far off the beach.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...-striper-lures