Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Company Profile: Super Strike Lures and the Fish they Catch

Default Superstrikes stock hook size

This might help Some People/Heres Superstrikes out of the pkg. hook and plug sizes.T=trebel S=single replacement tail hook
    Superstrike Darter 6 -5/8" 2 3/8oz. 3/0 T Replace W 5/0 S

Needlefish 5- 1/4" 3/4-1oz. #1 T Replace w/3/0 S
    6- 3/8" 1 1/2 oz. 2/0 T Replace w/4/0 or 5/0 for both sizes
    7-1/4" 1 3/4 oz. 3/0 T

Bullet 4 -9/16" 1 1/8 oz. 2/0 T Replace w/4/0 S
    Bullet 1-5/8 oz. 2/0 T

F/ Popper 4-1/4" 1 oz. 1/0 T Replace w/3/0 S for both
    S/ Popper " " 1-1/2 oz. 1/0 T

F/ Popper 5-1/4" 1-1/2 oz. 2/0 T Replace w/5/0 S for both
    S/ Popper 5-1/4" 2-3/8 oz. 2/0 T

F/ Popper 6" 2-1/4 oz. 3/0 T Replace w/5/0 or 6/0 S for both
    S/ Popper 6" 3 oz. 3/0 T
    Bottle Plug 6" 2-3/8 oz. 3/0 T Replace w/5/0 or 6/0 S

F- Floating Green eye
    S- Sinking Black eye

I use VMC's for single hook replacement:4/0- 6/0 are a good range to have on hand unless you fish alot of smaller plugs than you may need some 3/0's I seem to use more 5/0's than any other size. This is what I do.( may not be the norm for others.)

Default Company Profile: Super Strike Lures and the Fish they Catch

The plugs......

Attachment 16446

Plug 2 - Super Strike Rattlin Littleneck swimmer 2 1/4 oz - from the Canal to Cape May this plug slays its share of larger bass.

1. The rattles are deadly particularly in foul weather when bait is entering or gathered up in one area. I would rather fish this plug with the rattles VS almost anything else when the water is rough, and have had nights of 15-25 quality fish in the nastiest weather under the right conditions.

2. The color of this is secondary unless fishing an area of ambient light or a full moon.

3. The success, for me, of this plug is about when bait is gathered up in rough weather trying to hide, and predators are transitioning from the ocean looking for that bait.

4. If you can find a place where predators and prey are in the same tight area you can experience explosive action on this SS plug.

5. One of my all-time favorite plugs. It's all about the action and the rattles.

Attachment 16448

Plug 4 - Super Strike Littleneck Popper 1 1/2 oz...this simple but smaller design is often one of the only things that can get sluggish Early Season cold water Bass and bluefish to hit aggressively.

If you are out there in the salt in late March or early April and the guy next to you is out-fishing you 3-1 in a daytime bite where no bunker are visible, chances are he's using the Superstrike Littleneck, and you aren't.....

** Superstrike, Plugs 2 and 4 pictured below.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plug2.jpg   Plug3.jpg  

Plug4.jpg   Plug1.jpg  

Default Re: LI Pride......LI Modern Fishing tackle and gear Manufacturers

Super Strike Lures, Inc
    Headquartered in Farmingdale, LI

Started in the 1960's by legendary LI plugbuilder Donny Musso.

I could have put this in the LI Plug and tackle Manufacturers Back in time thread.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...s-back-in-time

Because the company has stood the test of time and is still a part of LI Plug Manufacturing, I thought it best to put it here.

Donny Musso was making wood plugs in the 60's. As time went by and demand grew he knew he needed a more standard production process to produce numbers and standardize the quality. I think somewhere in the 80's or 90's a shift to plastic for the materials was put in place, and the company is still going strong.

Donny is older now and most of the operations are handled by his son Steve Musso.

Superstrike plugs are now available in tackle shops worldwide.
    Truly one of Long Island's great fishing product success stories. and still a family-run business.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Superstrike plugs are now available in tackle shops worldwide.
    Truly one of Long Island's great fishing product success stories. and still a family-run business.
    And now with VMC Hooks .
    The Little Neck Popper 2 3/8 oz is a ROCKET.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Company Profile: Super Strike Lures and the Fish they Catch

They are already profiled in the thread LI Plug and Tackle Manufacturers

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Manufacturers

I thought some of the surf guys would want to learn more and possibly chime in with more info.

Feel free.........

1. anything you like or don't like about these plugs....

2. any fish you caught using it

3. your best times to throw it......thanks

Default Re: Company Profile: Super Strike Lures and the Fish they Catch

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    If you are out there in the salt in late March or early April and the guy next to you is out-fishing you 3-1 in a daytime bite where no bunker are visible, chances are he's using the Superstrike Littleneck, and you aren't.....

That would be me. Yup good plugs and bullet proof. I wish I could be the superstrike tester and test all the new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    And now with VMC Hooks .
    X2 that is a dynamite bass finder.

some nice spring action I found on youtube all on ss poppers

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    X2 that is a dynamite bass finder.
    I like throwing them with a decent chop in the surf, 2-4 foot waves.
    Find a seam and worked slow with a nice commotion on top.

^^^ Definitely agree with you on that. SS littleneck .I like using them right before a noreaster. When the water is still clean but just on the edge of getting nasty. Pop at a good clip not slow. The fish will sometimes come clear out of the water to hit it. Nice healthy fish there monty.

I have all the North Bar Bottle Darters & plenty of Donny's SS darters. Northbar is better than Super Strikes rattling swimmer. Some believe the rattles spook Bass & attract blue fish
    On a 50 bass day in MTK Donny & I fished together & talked darters, his swimmer vs Larry Welcome's bottle plug.
    Musso's darter runs shallower than Larry's. Larry's NB has way better action & is clutch is a heavy current or medium sized surf. Lass than 5 ft waves
    I use both but toss northbar darters first.

The Super Strike little neck poppers are my favorite. I swim 3oz one slow on top at night. I would buy the new Heavy 2 3/4 little neck popper over the older 2 3/8 version.
    The needle fish are fantastic too!
    You cant argue with a 77 year old who fishes shoulder to shoulder with you in MTK for hours & racks up 40 plus bass! Donny's lures are great!
    I wish they made a better version of the SP minnow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adam in opening credits MTK.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	16477

Default Super Strike Bullets

I placed an online order the other day and they had these on sale for $10/each so I ordered two.

You don't hear too much about these and they have been around for a few years now. The SS Bullet never really appealed to me before but after reading up on them they seem to have potential as both fish catching plugs or as a TDS (teaser delivery system).

I figured worst case I would use them to deliver teasers. They should ride higher in the water column than a heavy metal which is why I'm surprised I don't see jersey guys fishing these considering how flat most of our beaches are.

Mine came delivered with the old style cut Mustad hooks and an attached zip lock bag with two VMC 2/0 trebles and split rings. I took the Mustads off and threw them away.

Im thinking about using just a single VMC undressed Siwash hook on the back for max distance.

How does everyone here rig and fish these and how are they catching for you?

Default Re: Super Strike Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I placed an online order the other day and they had these on sale for $10/each so I ordered two.

You don't hear too much about these and they have been around for a few years now. The SS Bullet never really appealed to me before but after reading up on them they seem to have potential as both fish catching plugs or as a TDS (teaser delivery system).

I figured worst case I would use them to deliver teasers. They should ride higher in the water column than a heavy metal which is why I'm surprised I don't see jersey guys fishing these considering how flat most of our beaches are.

Mine came delivered with the old style cut Mustad hooks and an attached zip lock bag with two VMC 2/0 trebles and split rings. I took the Mustads off and threw them away.

Im thinking about using just a single VMC undressed Siwash hook on the back for max distance.

How does everyone here rig and fish these and how are they catching for you?
    I have used them in the past, with the dressed Siwash hooks and teasers.
    Cast great.
    I think I have caught a blue or two on the teaser, nothing on the bullet.
    I think they sink pretty quick, thought with the sand eels around they would get some attention.
    Have had more success with the Super Strke needles.

my go to lure besides metal accounts for most of my fall fish. Go with dressed siwash

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Thanks

Im going with just the dressed siwash in the rear

I like them for when it is windy and the sandeels are around. You can really lob them out there and they track good in the water. Slow retrieve works best for me. The fish will find it if they're there.

Field and stream named the ss littleneck one of the top 25 surf lures of all time.

Super Strike LittleNeck Popper

The mark of a truly great plug is versatility, but that’s generally not an attribute of popping plugs. The Super Strike Little Neck Popper is an exception.
    In addition to working extremely well as traditional surface popper, the Little Neck can also be used as a swimming plug. With a slow, steady retrieve, it kicks from side to side right at the surface like a metal-lip swimmer. The difference between the Little Neck Popper and a metal-lip, however, is that metal-lips catch the wind and tumble during the cast, while the LittleNeck Popper flies through the air like a dart, easily reaching sandbars or rips far off the beach.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...-striper-lures

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    And now with VMC Hooks .
    I tried throwing one this morning but all they wanted was small as the bait was small maybe tiny rainfish or anchovies. Another week or so and the SSs should be golden if we see some bigger blues and bass come in.

Nice going hookset and finchaser. Fished nomoco from 6-8, Few blues and a flurry of activity on ss littleneck popper. All the activity ceased by 7am.

cool I just purchased a ss little neck popper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast