Thread: Striped Bass and the Apple Tree?

Hybrid View

Default Re: Striped Bass and the Apple Tree?

^^^Paul Melnyk and some and the other guys had some great things to say about that. I loved Paul's quote "We all have to die, might as well die like a man." Hardcore. Didn't realize he only has 4 fingers on one hand. Man this guy has made some sacrifices to do what he does. Great video willie thanks for posting. Thanks for trying to paint a different picture, dark. Striped bass apple tree lol.

Oh my god Dark you have lost it totally. Striped bass from an apple tree.
    What's next, clams growing out of a burning bush?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    What's next, clams growing out of a burning bush?
    Bababooey if you are seeing clams and a burning bush maybe there is a need to check the girl for STDS.

Thanks cowherder.....I believe jigfreak was just busting balls....no worries.....
    I am trying to make this colorful and interesting, as most folks find these discussions terribly boring.....

Striped Bass and the Apple Tree.... Part 2... © DarkSkies 2013

The people had some harsh years, as mentioned....and some crops continued to fail.
    More and more were going to the striped bass tree. As mentioned most would rather have eaten meat, but their friends and neighbors were saying: "If you are hungry just go to the Striped Bass Tree....it is big and plentiful and there are lots of them...look at me! I just brought home a wheelbarrow of them, enough to feed my family for 3 months!" You should go too, there are enough striped bass for everyone.

They ate from the striped bass tree....and it was good....

There was a group of outsiders who heard about the simple folk who were feeding their families from this tree. These outsiders had big boats.

They said to themselves - why don't we all go to the striped bass tree with our boats, drop our nets, shake the tree, and that way we can get more bass by working together, and share in this bounty just like the other folks.

Let it be written, let it be done....and they did it...

They were successful beyond their wildest expectations. Not only were they able to prevent any striped bass falling from the tree and going bad, but they were also able to shake the tree to get extra striped bass....all enjoyed this bounty for a few years.....

Then, after a few cold winters, the townspeople reaized the tree could not handle all the people eating off of it...they began to see that each time they went to the tree, they would bring less stripers home.

There was a lot discussion back and forth...
    It was finally decided by the groups who owned the land where the tree was, that there would have to be some way to limit the harvesting of bass from the tree...they called it a Moratorium on Striped Bass..

Shaking the trees for striped bass lol funny stuff.